Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Curtis B. (rutilate) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Getting lighter and lighter, but those twinkies just don't seem to be helping much.
CityWashougal
StateWA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List6 Days through Yellowstone in August, 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Curtis B.

Showing 101 - 110 of 384 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Black flies
Scott, you're technically correct, the mosquitos bite through thinner fabric, black flies divebomb the eyes, ears, and any exposed skin-the saltier the better! I'm looking for protection f...

In GEAR » Recommendations for long shirt/pants to combat black flies!
May 28, 1:56pm

What think ye of the Solio Bolt?
I've been rereading a number of the solar power threads here, many of which decry solar due to the weight and sensitivity to direct sunlight. I'm wondering if the Solio Bolt changes anythi...

In GEAR » What think ye of the Solio Bolt?
May 28, 5:29am

Recommendations for long shirt/pants to combat black flies!
As much as I love my Under Armour shorts and pants for their light weight and ultra fast drying, they don't protect me enough from the miserable black flies-and I'm not willing to stop hiki...

In GEAR » Recommendations for long shirt/pants to combat black flies!
May 27, 9:01pm

What pants?
Ken, What kind of pants do you end up wearing? I really like my super light Brooks shorts, but I'm still struggling to find long pants that are sufficiently lightweight, breathable and don'...

In GEAR » Tall gaiters or zip off pants to prevent scratches?
May 11, 7:17am

Tall gaiters or zip off pants to prevent scratches?
Last year in Yellowstone I was on the Bechler River trail and others where many areas were overgrown by thick brush from the sides of the trail. Pushing through them in shorts left my legs rather s...

In GEAR » Tall gaiters or zip off pants to prevent scratches?
May 11, 6:52am

bumpage!
Bump!

In Gear Swap » Too Many Packs! Golite Jam2, Exos 58, Flash 65, Gregory Z55, Osprey Stratos 24, REI Jet UL
April 26, 5:54am

Basegear vs. rei
awesome, thanks! REI charges tax for me, but basegear doesn't seem to charge shipping. Gonna grab that one.

In Gear Deals » Looking for any deals/sales on Thermarest XLite
April 08, 4:50pm

Looking for any deals/sales on Thermarest XLite
I'm going to bite the bullet and give the Thermarest XLite a try and before I do, wondered if anyone has seen a size regular less than $159? Thanks!

In Gear Deals » Looking for any deals/sales on Thermarest XLite
April 08, 3:28pm

Must see locations in the Wind Rivers, later August?
What spectacular views/locations would you recommend in the Wind River Range, accessible from the west central side (ie. within 50 miles of Pinedale)? Last year, a number of people recommended a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Must see locations in the Wind Rivers, later August?
March 18, 10:30pm

Re: Gmap4 - Enhanced Google map viewer + high resolution topo maps + more
I just added a trip planning feature (Menu ==> Make a map) so you can click the map to make a GPX file that you can load into many (not all) handheld GPS units. Then, when you get back from your...

In On the Web » Gmap4 - Enhanced Google map viewer + high resolution topo maps + more
March 18, 5:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Curtis B.

Curtis B. has posted no reviews.