BPL Community Profile

Rusty Beaver (rustyb) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me Rusty Beaver has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rusty Beaver

Showing 101 - 110 of 807 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
Having Lyme had been in the back of my mind after an onslaught of weird symptoms hit me in 2009. I began to seriously consider it one year ago after numerous Dr visits/tests ruled out other more li...

In GEAR » Gear to protect against THE most deadly backcountry beastie...
September 21, 10:46pm

Re: re: Trailroc 235s
Thanks, guys. Justin....I didn't see the comparison you were referring to. I probably just overlooked it. David.....have you tried the Vivo Breatho and if so, how does the thickness of it...

In GEAR » Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
September 13, 8:54pm

Re: Trailroc 235
Hmm...I'm not sure why I don't recall seeing the 235s at the OR show. They look to be the 150s but with a thicker footbed (6mm vs 3mm). Is that correct, David?

September 13, 5:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
Yes, if I get another pair, I will post how they hold up. It might be a while though as my summer/fall plans have had a curve ball thrown in. Re the colors on the Trailrocs, the new Breatho col...

September 13, 4:40pm

Re: Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
Thanks so much to all those who replied. What has been said is what I have suspected. Now, I just need to hit the ski swap!

In GEAR » Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
September 11, 8:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
"...sounds like vivo is stringing you along here. I'm very hesitant to buy anything from vivobarefoot now other than their sew-on soled leather shoes which have held up for a long time of ...

September 11, 8:39am

Re: Re: Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
"Skis will be easier. How long is this journey? and how much will you be carrying?" Thanks, guys! To answer the questions, the journey is only 2.5 miles in to a yurt and 2.5 miles out....

September 09, 7:56pm

Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
I have many miles on snowshoes but know almost nothing about skis. For cross country travel which is mostly flat but with a section that climbs 220' in 1/4 mile....and in snow that I can be sin...

September 09, 7:34pm

Re: Re: Longer lasting alternative to Vivobarefoot Breatho? Traction a must.
I finally spoke with Vivo and showed them my worn soles. They told me I had earlier models with soles made partially of recycled rubber and that the new models were made of a more durable compound.

September 09, 8:11am

Re: vireo
I really don't know, Anthony. Hadn't thought about it....though it would likely be something custom....maybe a Vireo with a 3/4 zip and a drawstring bottom.

In GEAR » Quilt vs bag, input wanted (Alsek vs Hummingbird)
September 09, 8:08am

All Reader Reviews by Rusty Beaver

Rusty Beaver has posted no reviews.