BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 101 - 110 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...49

Forum » Thread

TRT Unsupported Record
Hi Aaron, Brian 'Phreak' hasn't started or done his attempt yet. He will be shooting for it mid-August. He and I will be doing a warm-up semi-loop of the HST, via Shepherd Pass and a fa...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tahoe Rim Trail Unsupported Record
July 25, 9:17pm

"Where to buy 5 gallon buckets?"
The MTR wants your food in buckets specifically to avoid the field mice chewing into them in their rock building they store the buckets in. They are so used to handling 5-gal buckets and recycle th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where to buy 5 gallon buckets?
June 23, 10:15am

Whitney Mountaineering Route
Thanks Paul. I have got some good info from that site in the past. I actually contacted a guy who has gone on the mountaineering route about 40 times, and he gave me some great info and photos.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whitney Mountaineering Route
June 13, 2:20pm

High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
The spots are full now, thanks for any interest.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
June 12, 9:59pm

Whitney Mountaineering Route
Anyone out there that has done the Whitney Mountaineering Route, either the chute or the walk-off route, or both? I am looking to get some advice from you on it. I was up Whitney via the main trail...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whitney Mountaineering Route
June 12, 7:11am

Jason, I sent you a PM with some info. Gary, you need to set up a way to PM or e-mail you with info, otherwise there is no way to contact you with any specifics.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » High Sierra Trail, Via Shepherd Pass
June 06, 7:08am

All permit spaces have been spoken for. I still have one that is a 'maybe' right now, so there might be one more opening, let me know if you want any info in case it becomes available.

June 04, 6:48pm

Gary, shoot me a PM, ( private message ), with your e-mail address so I can contact you with any info you might need to know, thanks! You may want to send PM's on the other hikes you are lookin...

June 02, 10:51pm

High Sierra Trail Loop
I still have one opening for this hike. I had someone very interested, but he didn't think he wanted to do the mileage planned. PM me if any BPL-er out there is interested.

May 27, 5:18pm

JMT 2012 GL - Advice, Please
I have a WM Summerlight rated at 32 degrees and I still use my Cap 2 long sleeve top and long johns, ( or whatever they are called :) ) I had one night in mid-August where I also put on my Nano Puf...

In Gear Lists » JMT 2012 GL - Advice, Please!
May 25, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm