Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Dial (romandial) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale packrafting NZ
About Me A middle aged man, married, fattening up.
CityAnchorage
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Dial

Showing 101 - 110 of 210 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Re: Macho man
Sidekicks: Kusko Kwim and the Arrigetch Kid

In Chaff » Macho man
May 08, 12:29am

Bushbuddy and Ruminants
Ryan, So tell us more detail about the "buffalo chips" as a junk fuel...did they work well? Were they too wet to burn hot? Did they lend a certain "nutty" flavor to the morni...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
April 19, 12:54pm

Re: Jury rigged pfds
Jack, Thanks for your post. Every boater, even those with backpacks, need some sort of PFD at some level of risk. It's identifying what risk level they need it at -- and there are many kinds...

In Photo Gallery » Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
April 18, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Jury rigged pfds
Richard, Thanks for sharing! This is exactly the reason I keep coming back to this site. Roman

April 18, 7:56pm

Re: Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
Richard, Kapok? Like the fiber from the tropical tree? Have you used one? What sort of construction keeps it dry? Roman

April 18, 12:08am

Re: Re: Packrafting - Wind Rivers - 4/15/07
Anybody out there find the lightest foam-filled PFD? A non-inflatable PFD? Hoping to find something under the 2 pound mark..... Roman

April 17, 2:20am

Re: Re: bushbuddy and a 1 gallon pot
George, Yes, that windy-land technique and others depending on the situation -- but traditional campfire is what I had in mind. In windy siutations a campfire may work better than a bushbuddy. M...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
April 15, 1:47pm

bushbuddy and a 1 gallon pot
Perhaps few of you will be interested, but I used my single Bushbuddy to heat 3 quarts of water water in a one gallon aluminum cook pot. My null hypothesis was that the bushbuddy was no better than...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy
April 14, 1:07pm

Re: Re: ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
I have had no luck with silnylon packs. In fact I don't even like silnylon for anything but cookpot and bushbuddy ash liners. The POE bags are very durable, offering what I think is the high...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
April 12, 9:57pm

My Avatar
This is my son Roman packrafting down Ship Creek Canyon last summer. It was day 6 of 7 days of rafting 7 different runs from Class I to Class IV.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
April 10, 2:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Roman Dial

Roman Dial has posted no reviews.