BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Tokyo, Japan
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 101 - 110 of 865 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
Dude, 6min of you talking into the camera rationalizing your insulation choice. I wanted to SEE THE JACKET...how it fits...how lofty it is...feature set. Next time, remember the old maxim "a p...

In GEAR » Video review of my new Montbell Mirage jacket.
February 19, 6:45pm

Re: Camera
The Nikon 1 All Weather is about as small you can get now in fully waterproof/shock resistant camera with the fastest/best AF in the new class of mirroless ICL cameras.

In Photography » New camera
February 19, 6:04pm

Re: Re: eVent jackets (again)
eh? AFAIK, GE doesn't put manufacturing, marketing and design restrictions on OEM's making pieces with their fabric. Makers are free to be loosey goosey to do whatever they want. Gore is at...

In GEAR » eVent jackets (again)
February 19, 5:22pm

Re: response
Rab Boreas wears more like shirt than a jacket. Fit is long/trim in XL.

In GEAR » Am i looking for a windshirt.
February 19, 5:13pm

Re: Re: The CAFFIN tents come!
I was poking around the Nemo website looking for info on their Shield Edition military shelters and noticed they use this USA company to make some of their mountain tents, http://www.diamondbrand.com/

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
February 19, 5:09pm

Re: Re: How not to turn into a human icicle: Will Gadd
The issue I struggle with in Winter is sweat under my pack. My baselayers seem to stay relatively dry EXCEPT for the area under my pack. Once stopped this wetness causes me to get chilled really qu...

In Philosophy & Technique » How not to turn into a human icicle: Will Gadd
February 19, 4:50pm

Re: Re: Eddie Bauer bought out
>>>Any other previous EB customers get an email invite to participate in a survey with q 20% off coupon "payment"?<<< Yes, I got the invite and did the survey last we...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer bought out
February 16, 3:55pm

Re: Re: FS: Inov-8 Roclite 370 mids
Yes, I would like to have few size 10.5 myself. Nice protective rand wrapping the toe and heel and sticky rubber are ideal for rocky terrain. Almost like an approach shoe but much lighter weight. T...

In Gear Swap » FS: Inov-8 Roclite 370 mids
February 16, 7:28am

Re: Re: Re: DWR?
FWIW, I have both a SPRING 2011 Houdini and a recent Polygiene-treated Boreas and if I forced to guess I would say the Boreas is at least ~2x more breathable than the Houdini when breathing thru it.

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 16, 5:54am

Re: DWR?
Paul, on the Rab web page for the Boreas under the Fabric tab it clearly says "DWR/Spray: 80/20". But the proof is in the pudding so if you have a Boreas you will see light mist bead ...

In GEAR » Current UL windshirts and breathability: are there other options and layering techniques?
February 15, 10:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.