BPL Community Profile

Ryan Luke (rluke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Atlanta (missing CA)
About Me Ryan Luke has not added a biography yet.
CityAtlanta
StateGA
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear List3-Season, 5-Day list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Luke

Showing 101 - 108 of 108 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I made the change
Sarah, Thanks! I will put some of the stripes inside before I depart. I am glad to see someone else using this shelter. I think it is really well made and George was AWESOME to deal with!

In GEAR » I made the change
June 04, 11:56pm

Re: Re: Re: I made the change
Nice photos! I recenlty purchased a TarpTent and I am going to use it this week for a 3 day trip. Did you use a groundsheet (George sent a TyVek sheet along with it)?

In GEAR » I made the change
June 04, 10:59pm

Outdoor Research Aurora Bivy
Has anyone used OR's Aurora Bivy. I was considering it because of its' light weight and relatively low cost. I would love to hear what any users think.

In GEAR » Outdoor Research Aurora Bivy
May 13, 10:01pm

FS: Salomon Men's Extend Mid XCR -- Size 13
I would like to sell a pair of size 13 Salomon Extend Mid XCR Shoes. I have worn them once on a short test hike (they were a little too big) and the store would not let me return/exchange them bec...

In Gear Swap » FS: Salomon Men's Extend Mid XCR
May 12, 9:09pm

Re: Re: Cold Meals
That sounds interesting. Do you dehydrate your own food or purchase it?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cold Meals
May 10, 7:19pm

Cold Meals
I am doing a quick 3 day, 2 night trip next week. I wanted to leave the stove behind and eat cold food for dinner. Anyone got any good suggestions for meals? I am partial to instant hummus, so m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cold Meals
May 10, 6:24pm

Re: Re: fishing without pole
You may want to bring some small split shot (line weights) with you in case you do need to cast out into deeper water in lakes, but you could probably do pretty well with a homemade rig. Good luck!

In Fishing » Fishing without pole?
May 10, 6:14pm

Re: Fishing without pole?
Robert, Is fishing going to be one of your primary goals/activities or will it be a secondary pursuit? If it is a primary activity and the focus of your trip, you can put together a pretty...

In Fishing » Fishing without pole?
May 10, 12:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Luke

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

The North Face Propel
I purchased this bag on sale from REI Outlet becuase I wanted a syntehtic summer bag. I am also a warm sleeper, so I appreciated the footbox vent. I liked the zipperless design because I move and ki...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 9:58am

Cabela's Space Rain Ultra Pack Rainwear (Pullover & Pants)
Weight (size L Tall) Pants - 8.9oz Pullover - 6.6oz Extremely packable and very breathable. Both garments kept me dry during two downpours. At first glance, the lightweight material (seems simi...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 28, 11:56pm

Patagonia Wool 2 Zip Long Sleeve
Extremely comfortable and durable. Material seems thin, but is surprisingly warm in camp. It also seems to dry quickly although I have never completely soaked the shirt (I have worn it while running...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 28, 11:26pm