BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 101 - 110 of 613 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...62

Forum » Thread

East segments of CT all open
The east segments that were closed by fire are all open. (There are closures in 21-24.) The firefighters have been doing an unbelievable job of handling the large number of fires that have occurred...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 28, 8:28am

RE: "24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking"
Great pics and TR as usual. I did the loop in September a couple of years ago and it was awesome with all the Aspens. Another good place to stop in Bailey, but no beer, is Hog Heaven BBQ. Give i...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24 Hours in the Wilderness: Lost Creek Backpacking
June 27, 7:22pm

CT fire
"There is a five acre fire at the end of 4, start of 5. My son and friend were just picked up there by the local police and taken to a safe spot!" That's the Black Canyon fire I me...

June 24, 8:28pm

CT fire
Now there's a fire near Strontia Springs reservoir in segment 1 and in Black Canyon near the end of segment 4. Edit: Had my TH's confused. It's past Long Gulch TH in segment 5.

June 24, 7:35pm

CT segment 1 is closed as well
They've closed CT segment 1 as well.

June 20, 11:35am

Re: "CT segment 2 closed due to fire"
Perhaps you have a better view of the fire from Oregon Bob. :) No. It's about 2 miles due north of segment 2 by the intersection of Foxton and River roads. Or 5 miles from my house. So I hav...

June 19, 8:26pm

CT segment 2 closed due to fire
The Lime Gulch fire is burning close to segment 2 of the CT. Probably less than 2 miles. The evacuation area is a 3 mile radius of the fire. The CT Facebook page is saying the sheriff department is...

June 19, 7:19pm

Re: "What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?"
"I frequently have CharlieDog off leash...and I started doing this for both our safety. I found that while he was on the lead, he would lunge at every single hiker we passed." Jen, hav...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 18, 8:45am

Re: What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
I carry Spray Shield (citronella spray) when I have a dog with me, which is almost always. Haven't used it yet but a dog trainer recommended it to me. Almost used it last week walking near my h...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 17, 1:09pm

Fire bans on the CT
Currently there are fire bans affecting the first 6 segments of the CT which go through Jefferson and Park counties. Looks like another bad fire year for Colorado. Please be careful out there. h...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fire bans on the CT
June 12, 5:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.