Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Sullivan (richard.s) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Supernatural BC
About Me Richard Sullivan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Sullivan

Showing 101 - 110 of 124 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Ethics of Goose Down Harvesting
I hate to mention it, but all this great 750-900 goose down that we've had come easily available in the last 10 years or so is harvested from live geese. Cruelty to animals most definitely. Mature ...

In GEAR » the new $1600 benchmark?!
May 21, 11:45am

Emissivity
Hey anybody remember Olivia Newton John? Let's get technical, technical, I wanna get technical, technical...:)) Isn't radiant heat loss a reality with darker coloured fabrics, due to the fact...

In GEAR » big agnes mummy style mattresses
May 20, 10:10pm

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad
Just picked up a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad. This pad has a nicer construction than the POE Insulmat Max-Thermo. I'm concerned about the slipperyness of the fabric, especially on sloping site...

May 16, 10:38pm

Osprey Atmos 50
Just picked up an Osprey Atmos 50. Very nice. So comfy, and going to be soooo nice to not get SBS (sweaty back syndrome) any more! The thing is though it's going to be a learning experience to p...

In GEAR » Osprey Atmos 50
May 16, 10:25pm

Thanks!
Ok, thanks, I have emailed you. I'm garryoak at shaw d0t ca

In Gear Swap » North Face Propel sleeping bag
May 16, 11:17am

Canyon's contact info
Hi Canyon, I am interested in this bag but you have not given any contact info.

In Gear Swap » North Face Propel sleeping bag
May 13, 9:56am

Does Kelty still lie?
re: Kelty Light Year 3D, Kelty used to lie about the weights of their bags and tents. Marmot and Sierra Designs have stopped this practice but I'm not sure about Kelty.

In GEAR » Lightweight Synthetic Bag?
May 11, 6:46pm

EMS Quantum/PL2 35F 1.5 lb
The bag is the Velocity 35. It was shown in a 1/3 page ad in the Backpacker Gear Guide Mar/05. There is also a 5F version. Unfortunately when you go the EMS website and link in to sleeping bags fro...

May 11, 1:50pm

EMS Quantum/PL2 35F 1.5 lb
EMS has a Quantum/PL2 bag at 1.5 lb and rated for 35F. They are claiming it to be the lightest synthetic bag. I suppose the Marmot Pounder can be overlooked due to it's limited usefulness but I am ...

May 11, 12:20pm

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core vs. Insul Mat Max-Thermo
Hey, can anyone comment on the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core vs. the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Insul Mat Max-Thermo?

May 06, 6:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Sullivan

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I totally agree with the reviewers above. MEC is now the REI of Canada, but greener I think. You can buy all the heavy gear you want and return it for whatever reason, and most of the profit goes to e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 11:34pm

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
With 25 reviews already, not much more to say except to add a few comments. Certainly interesting that in terms of the sheer number of reviews and the high average score, this is a very popular produc...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
February 01, 10:56pm

Petzl e+LITE
This light is real beauty. At one ounce even, it's kinda like having a one pound sleeping bag. This is clearly the Western Mountaineering Hilite of headlights. Not perfect, but perfectly good and ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
February 01, 9:38pm

Osprey Atmos 50
I'm with you Brett, I always carry some good wine in my Atmos 50, usually a Fetzer Zinfandel. I also carry some single malt scotch in case the temps go lower than my bag rating. Anyway, the Atm...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 01, 9:07pm

Osprey Packs Customer Service
Unfortunately a beach dwelling rodent totally destroyed the top pocket of my Osprey Atmos 50 pack. Boy, was I mad. Later I made peace with him: after all I was camped in his home. Later that year I in...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 01, 8:37pm

Big Sky Products Evolution 2P
At 0 lb 0 oz, the Big Sky Evolution is unquestionably the worlds lightest tent. How can they make this tent so light? Simple. They don't use any fabric or notions. Just air and promises. And to make i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
June 28, 9:47pm

Big Sky Products Evolution 2P
At 0 lb 0 oz, the Big Sky Evolution is unquestionably the worlds lightest tent. How can they make this tent so light? Simple. They don't use any fabric or notions. Just air and promises. And to make i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
June 28, 7:46am