BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 7245 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...725

Forum » Thread

Re: The Nazis have nothing on these folks
"make the world safe for democracy" You mean like have a war against Muslims because they want to turn us into a Shia theocracy? Rather than acknowledgeing that they have some legit...

In Chaff » The Nazis have nothing on these folks
August 07, 9:05pm

Re: Re: Libertarian? Or Just Spoiled?
"Take our military for example, I think it's appropriate to use them for our own self defense and to assist with a larger coalition to help bring peace to a region (Balkans) but I think it...

In Chaff » Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?
August 07, 7:37pm

Re: Attaching umbrella to a pack
did you see this: https://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/backpacking_and_hiking_with_an_umbrella or this: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thr...

In GEAR » Attaching umbrella to a pack
August 07, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SKT
I think you would find you agree with Jennifer much more than 5% of the time. I don't mind talking politics or economics while hiking. Better when it's someone I disagree with a lot. K...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 07, 10:44am

Re: Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
I wonder if some sounds would repel bears - loud or whatever. That would be lighter than bear spray. And would last longer time. Someone experiment with this please

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
August 07, 9:53am

Re: Re: Re: These is a hole in your hat
If you have a hood, then a cap is fine. Actually, your hood should have a brim on the front. Usually, for a trip, it's either warm/sunny/hat weather or cold/rainy/hood weather. Occasionally ...

In GEAR » sweat & sunglasses management
August 07, 9:51am

Re: These is a hole in your hat
brim around sides keeps sun off ears and neck caps and visors not so good although you could cut the top off your hat and make a visor like thing with brim all the way around

In GEAR » sweat & sunglasses management
August 07, 8:48am

Re: Re: Current best single person tent around 18-20oz
"I love these arbitrary best questions" yeah! I like the thread about WPB jackets - a complete range of opinions - if someone wants a "best" their head would explode : )

In GEAR » Current best single person tent around 18-20oz
August 07, 8:26am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: um...SKT
I want to see Michael, Jennifer, and Doug together : )

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir Trail Record Attempt 22-July
August 06, 7:56pm

Re: Re:
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandella at some point, hopefully Israel and Plastinians will agree to independent Palastinian state and while we're at it...

In Chaff » The real reasons why Israel is bombing Palestine
August 06, 5:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.