Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 9315 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...932

Forum » Thread

Re: FOX debate
They say Roger Ailes plays an active role in details, like the questions they would ask at the debate. He must have been aware of Megyn Kelly's questions. Trump's beef should be with Roge...

In Chaff » Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!
August 08, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Is Trump really a secret Democratic operative
"I think we are way past the point of "wonder" at this time. Or at least for some of us. " Yeah, I just don't get why we put up with this Each of the Republican candid...

August 08, 1:34pm

Is Trump really a secret Democratic operative
Trump openly talks about "buying" politicians (Hillary, Jeb, Walker, Pitaki, Huckabee). Since he's "bought" Hillary, she went to his wedding when asked. This makes you won...

August 08, 10:23am

Re: Using Heat When Taping Ripstop Seams
nice video, thanks "I destroyed my wife's iron" Yeah, been there. Except I now posses my wife's iron and sewing machine. If she needs anything fixed, she gives it to me. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Taping Ripstop
August 08, 9:20am

Re: "Can the GOP Sink Any Lower? Yes It Can!!"
I would think interactions with Angela Merkel and other international people would be like his interactions with Republicans - escalating personal insults

August 07, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Retrospectively amusing list
"Now back to your clearly OBSESSIVE focus on me the messenger" That's called "a Trump" or, "a Donald"

In Chaff » Retrospectively amusing list
August 07, 2:22pm

Re: Re: CT1K.18KM7
it's good for reflecting visible wavelengths. Most of sun energy is in visible. Good for shade during sunny, hot weather. But so is any fabric that appears white and blocks most sunlight -...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
August 07, 10:58am

Re: Re: Dry socks for sleeping.
oil and sweat from skin can get in down sleeping bag requiring cleaning it which is a hassle and might reduce lifetime wearing socks will minimize this toenails might catch on fabric and tear it

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wet feet – should I worry about this? (Fugly foot pictures)
August 07, 8:32am

Re: Hiking footwear
yeah, Lowa Renegade pretty good. I wore out a pair and thought they were pretty comfortable. GTX mids are best in the conditions I experience.

In GEAR » Hiking footwear, your top 5
August 07, 8:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: asymmetrical mid
ahhh... I just quickly glanced at their site to me, that's a pretty good design for solo. Regular mid for two people if you don't mind the pole between you.

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified A-Frame tarp, fully enclosed
August 06, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.