BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 7387 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...739

Forum » Thread

Re: Current Down Suppliers
I've bought 850 from http://wildernesslogics.com/DIY-MATERIALS_c28.htm

In Make Your Own Gear » Current Down Suppliers
August 25, 3:12pm

Re: so..
Does your bivy have WPB fabric? Is there a membrane? or is it just fabric? If it's WPB, then maybe you should get a more breathable bivy. Can you try your friend's and see if you ge...

In Philosophy & Technique » bivy condensation
August 25, 3:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Solomid-copycat for the vertically challenged...
Dutchwaregear used to sell Argon silnylon Someone made a tent out of it Now, dutchwaregear doesn't show it I don't know if they're planning on re-stocking it

In Make Your Own Gear » Solomid-copycat for the vertically challenged...
August 25, 3:05pm

Re: LOFT RETENTION: down v.s synthetic
yup it is cheaper so you can afford to replace it if you're on a budget and don't know how much you'll do this in future and you have no plans for really cold, synthetic could mak...

In GEAR » Current light weight synthetic sleeping bags?
August 25, 2:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re
We don't seem to take action in Africa as much as Europe. We must feel more kindred with Europe. But Balkans had little financial interest for U.S. so was sort of a departure from recent hi...

In Chaff » The Question of Militarism/Empire
August 25, 2:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re
I agree, if there wasn't oil around our actions would be different In "Merchants of Doubt" they talk about scientists that put out studies that put doubt on the evidence that Tobac...

August 25, 2:37pm

Re: Re: justin
I use bivy under pyramid for same reason M50 which is DWR and somewhat breathable Never really notice condensation WPB bivies are less breathable if it's really cold, you'll get...

In Philosophy & Technique » bivy condensation
August 25, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re
I think the resumed bombing is because ISIS has been so successful taking territory, killing people that refuse to convert, the Kurds have the capability to defend themselves with our airstrikes, m...

August 25, 2:05pm

Re: Use and patching
I have silnylon bivy bottom. 200 nights without any holes. Maybe a tent is different? Seems like 20-30 nights should show zero wear. Maybe something wrong with that silnylon? Maybe cut...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sil-nylon floor wearing out, sew in new (cuben) floor??
August 25, 2:02pm

Re: re
I agree for the most part we have been good, making the world stable. If we just quit invading Iraq and Afganistan it would be better. And quit supporting brutal dicators as long as they're...

August 25, 1:23pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.