Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 8283 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...829

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Creating Enemies
"Jerry, that Frontline show featured the opinion of Ashton Carter. That in itself makes it completely slanted. And Strobe Talbott's stance cannot be objective either." I Googl...

In Chaff » I Find This Very Troubling (Warning: Politics)
February 06, 1:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: An accurate article on tech jobs and the offshore guest visa workers
When you have people working remotely, it's less efficient. Just talking through the computer screen isn't as good as person-to-person. Also, differences between cultures, use of slang ...

In Chaff » Office Politics
February 06, 11:20am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
You can stake tent in loose soil, then put big rock on top

In Philosophy & Technique » how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
February 06, 10:48am

Re: Creating Enemies
Given NATO was formed as defense against Russia, I can see how they would resist joining Is EU necesarily just Europe? You want an organization that is global. Putin wants conflict to enable...

February 06, 10:46am

Re: Tax time, new gear
I'll play the scrooge : ( Take your refund and put it in 401K or IRA. If it's many years before retirement, it can grow to significant amount. If you spend your working years spending ...

In GEAR » Tax time, new gear
February 06, 10:24am

Re: Re: Re: Creating Enemies
Allegiences between Western Europe, U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia,... are pretty good. Not always perfect, but no wars between us. How can Russia and China be included in this club?

February 05, 11:18pm

Re: how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
if the weather's good I like view if the weather's bad, then "hike high, camp low" Still waiting for Doug's nudists. Not where I've ever been.

In Philosophy & Technique » how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
February 05, 9:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tom
And only the U.S. should have nukes. China and Russia would never agree. Maybe we can reduce the number of nukes. Contain the remaining nukes in secure facilities. Have better relations bet...

February 05, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tom
"The taproot of the trouble is NATO enlargement, the central element of a larger strategy to move Ukraine out of Russia’s orbit and integrate it into the West" That is the argument R...

February 05, 9:13pm

Re: PSA for a piece of "gear"
Why don't the Marmots just chew through the blue tarp?

In GEAR » PSA for a piece of "gear"
February 05, 8:48pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.