Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 8944 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...895

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
"The Soviets were no saints, but please be careful with our own American propaganda..." Both U.S. and Soviets exaggerated each others capability to justify more military spending. A...

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
June 11, 9:53pm

Re: "Club membership"
"I was just trying to get a rise out of Jerry" Good we're not taking this too seriously : )

June 11, 9:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
"To compare Crimea with Afghanistan is beyond risible. His gut tells him. Profound." The comparison is that Breshnev invaded Afghanistan, which was unpopular and led to the end of his ...

June 11, 9:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
"But you need to think from the other side as well" yeah, so that would be a reasonable compromise agreement - Russia get out of Ukraine - we agree to not expand NATO. NATO meant ...

June 11, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
"thanking our lucky star that the powerful British Empire did not choose to exploit our division back in 1861-65 and make our north-south divide permanent? Imagine the consequences... the pote...

June 11, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/05/a-way-forward-for-the-west-on-ukraine-and-russia-118471.html#.VXpJeflViko "How to save Ukraine" - May 2015 "Vice President Joe Bi...

June 11, 9:18pm

Re: Re: The Problem with Our Media
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/03/putin-brezhnev-moment-crimea-104547.html#.VXpFZflViko "Is Putin Having a Brezhnev Moment?" - March 2014 "President Obama’s crit...

June 11, 9:01pm

Re: The Problem with Our Media
1 - I don't know that the civil war was worth it. Still a lot of ill will. I wonder if Lincoln wasn't killed, he would not have had the same attitude about punishing the confederate state...

June 11, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Mlifers
No If you try to have a detailed set of rules, people will just argue endlessly about those set of rules better to just say "I will use common sense to decide if something is inappropria...

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 11, 5:11pm

Re: Re: Who pitches during the day?
hide in the shade during the day when it's hot? Under an aluminized tarp if there's no tree or rock? Walk in the morning and evening?

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben Fiber - Aluminium Outside or Inside For Desert Use
June 11, 5:08pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.