Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 8765 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...877

Forum » Thread

Re: "Valley Uprising"
ha, ha, ha,... is anyone saying people shouldn't free solo if that's what they want to do? the internets is so funny, how it can go off in a weird direction because of mis-interpretation

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Valley Uprising
May 02, 7:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Speaking of
So, you don't agree that it's important to him to appear to be a macho male, posing shirtless on a horse, shooting big game,... And it Pisses him off that Russia is no longer a super pow...

In Chaff » Petraeus Sentence.
May 02, 5:43pm

Re: "Valley Uprising"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20632737 unclear whether climbing is that risky. they didn't talk about free solo though. "Rock and ice climbing are widely considered to be '...

May 02, 3:38pm

Re: Speaking of
I think Smith is part right, for example "This is the Russia that Putin inherited. Remember, when he came to power in 2000, Russia was on the verge of collapsing for a third time as a resul...

May 02, 10:59am

Re: Speaking of
"The Ukrainian crisis proves beyond any doubt, being the worst international crisis of our time, that the indiscriminate expansion of NATO has worsened our international security." I&#...

May 02, 10:39am

Re: Re: earliest strawberry season ever
you must do something to protect your tomatoes if they're out already? Or am I being too protective?

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
May 01, 10:17pm

Re: wow. i agree with jerry.
but what about the Ukraine, Dean? are you in the Tom, Kat, Rog camp that it's all our fault for expanding NATO, provoking Putin into inserting military into Ukraine to protect Russia? or ...

May 01, 10:15pm

Re: Re: bold mountaineers
From wikipedia free solo climbing "Some high-profile climbers have died while free soloing, including John Bachar, Derek Hersey, Vik Hendrickson, Robert Steele, Dwight Bishop, Jimmy Ray For...

May 01, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Nanny State
I dunno, "And the further cheapening and degradation of the spirit of public service" sounds pretty bed wetting to me : )

In Chaff » yet another dumb hiker post
May 01, 5:13pm

Re: Re: Re: earliest strawberry season ever
they pick tomatoes unripe, then artificially "ripen" them meaning they turn red I just put out some tomatoes on the patio, in pots, under the eaves, with water containers to keep them ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
May 01, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.