BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 101 - 110 of 7061 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...707

Forum » Thread

Re: What do you think of this tent?
Lots of condensation When you open the door, water from side of tent will drip on you But, the light weight is good

In GEAR » What do you think of this tent?
July 09, 4:43pm

Re: Delmar's Poll
Kind of like I thought Most people have a 12 pound base weight, not super lightweight Most people have canister stove - lightweight, convenient, powerful - not those alcohol or esbit stoves ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Delmar's Poll
July 09, 1:51pm

Re: seatac to rainier shuttle
If you wanted to go PDX to Mt Hood maybe I could help. Same lack of public transportation as Rainier. The Google says Ace Taxi 253-589-1000 and Yellow Cab go from Seatle Tacoma area to Mt Rai...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Shuttle from SeaTac to White River CG, Rainier
July 08, 10:01pm

Re: Down Supplier
That's what I get - 800 cubic inches = 3.46 gallons You're supposed to put a weighted disk on top that compresses it a little. Maybe just a piece of cardboard? I would think a taller...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down Supplier
July 08, 2:06pm

Re: re:audiobooks and travel insurance
http://www.openculture.com/freeaudiobooks - free audio books, mostly classic off copyright. They have a link to 1000 free online courses, for examples lectures from college courses. I've be...

In Chaff » My annual list of audiobooks for hiking
July 08, 1:16pm

Re: Unconstitutional Obama over-reach
Bummer I've had to put to sleep several of our cats. Always sad. Nice we could share friendship though...

In Chaff » Unconstitutional Obama over-reach
July 08, 12:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Oh I'm no victim...
"Handouts shouldn't always be your answer to everything. We are running a deficit and you won't to give healthcare and education to more people?" We shouldn't raise taxes e...

In Chaff » She throws like a girl!
July 01, 2:55pm

Re: Thunderdome
Ian and I will stand by and watch, popcorn in hand...

July 01, 1:59pm

Re: Oh I'm no victim...
"Is there sexism? Yes. Is their racism? Yes. But these go both ways." But before I feel sorry for a white man, on a total population level, for being discriminated against, the average...

July 01, 1:57pm

Re: Living off the grid
Mother Earth News

In Chaff » Living off the grid
July 01, 10:27am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.