BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 101 - 110 of 335 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...34

Forum » Thread

hypothermia
Hi Ian, Regarding severe hypothermia (i.e. comatose, shivering has stopped) my own WFR book (the Buck Tilton one) is unfortunately at home. I do have access to two others, so here's an /ext...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting warm, staying warm, & vice versa
November 25, 1:43pm

Re: No smart phone
Is it a recent-model Blackberry? I understand that those are able to run Android apps (number of hoops required may vary). My thoughts: The Garmin 62s and eTrex 30 models include compass and b...

In GEAR » Garmin for the semi-luddite
November 19, 11:25pm

Re: Re: DeLorme InReach SE vs. SpareOne Plus Emergency Phone
Hi Ryan, Yep, I'm pretty sure. The specs page lists GSM/GPRS/GPS/APRS, and the frequencies they list are GSM numbers. As mentioned, GPS is one-way to the device only. GPRS uses the cell n...

In GEAR » DeLorme InReach SE vs. SpareOne Plus Emergency Phone
November 18, 12:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Rex, I couldn't have said it better.
Ryan, yes, that's the one I had in mind. As far as I've heard the SiRFstarIV chip is rather good, and even without the types of antennae Bob prefers the device should be able to do a good ...

November 18, 1:07am

Re: face Plant
Don't get how lighten the load applies to this incident. Agree; this doesn't sound like anything a bit of gauze and a square inch of duct tape couldn't fix. Taking a refresher first...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » seattlebackpackersmagazine: Trail Accident
November 17, 11:18pm

Re: Rex, I couldn't have said it better.
Ryan, I'm still getting the sense you're expecting continuous tracking from that GPS chip to your wife (apologies if I'm wrong). Your wife will only get the tracking signal as long a...

November 17, 10:37pm

Re: "How to safely remove logos?"
If the label is thick enough, I suspect a heat gun and patience would allow you to tease the logo off. (I've done this for a branded backpack with reasonable results.) For other logos you m...

In GEAR » How to safely remove logos?
November 15, 12:45pm

Re: Re: Re: posts grayed out after reading
Agree with Dale; graying or otherwise displaying "visited" links differently is the job of your web browser.* Since the browser can only determine this by comparing the link to what'...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » posts grayed out after reading
November 13, 1:20pm

Re: Best down parka features?
I've been keeping an eye out for one of these: lyngen down750 jacket At 539g (claimed fill weight of 250g IIRC), it looks very tempting. But, I haven't seen many reviews of the current...

In GEAR » Best down parka features?
November 06, 2:01pm

Re: Fresh Air with Terry Gross
Re: Pine Gap Ah, one of the old Echelon stations! For the Dune fans out there: All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corru...

In Chaff » Fresh Air with Terry Gross
October 30, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.