BPL Community Profile

Jeremy B. (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy B. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy B.

Showing 101 - 110 of 355 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
I picked up a Seirus Combo-Clava some time back. My nose also runs in the cold, and between that and the condensation from breathing I wanted something that wasn't directly on my mouth. It is...

In GEAR » Buff's vs Balaclava for cold temp hiking, which do you prefer?
January 30, 12:30am

Re: Water Supply
Good idea; it sounds like the water tanks will be available, but I'm planning to haul in a few extra liters to be safe. (I also don't recall how heavily chlorinated the water at Coe is.) ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 24, 12:13pm

Re: Re: CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
I've been keeping on eye on some of the longer range models as covered here: http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe With the exception of the recent slight rain, the past several weeks have be...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 16, 11:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Measuring water
General solution: 1. 1 cup from wine bucket A (quantity >= 1 cup) is added to water bucket B (quantity n cups, n>=1): 2. B has n+1 cups mix: n cups water, 1 cup wine. 3. Filling 1 cu...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 14, 3:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Measuring water
Extending my "solution", as long as each bucket starts with at least 1 cup of liquid, this shouldn't actually matter; in each case the amount of wine added to the water bucket should ...

January 14, 12:48pm

Re: Re: Measuring water
How much liquid is in each bucket? E.g. each bucket has 1 cup of liquid to start: 1. The wine bucket becomes empty, with 2 cups in the water bucket, 1:1 mix. 2. The water bucket is reduced bac...

January 13, 11:17pm

Re: Re: Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
Somehow, I think Steve Jobs would figure out the "ideal" treatment and would follow it carefully. I recall hearing it was a vegetarian/fruitarian/Ornish style of some sort. I believe ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Americans waste $28 bil a year on vitamins, doctors say
January 10, 12:26am

Re: found houdini at REI on clearance... any way to tell which year?
The surefire way is to look for the style number on the tag, similar to "19001F6". The final letter/number indicates the season, in this example Fall '06. (example image at http:/...

In GEAR » 2013 Spring Patagonia Houdini Pants / Jacket
January 08, 1:38am

Re: Re: Re: SOS Coords
You have to have a map with that specific piece of the grid system marked on it to have the slightest idea of the place where the coords refer. Ah, you must have run across abbreviated coordinat...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
January 07, 12:14am

Re: How to Blog?
Wordpress

In Other Activities » How to Blog?
December 30, 11:38am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. has posted no reviews.