BPL Community Profile

Ryan Christman (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest U.S.
About Me Ryan Christman has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Christman

Showing 101 - 110 of 504 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Radio
Colin, Amateur Radio is a very versatile tool and can be well worth getting the basic license, whether you use it strictly as a means of communication or grow to find it is an enjoyable hobby. I us...

In GEAR » Two-way radios
February 04, 5:59pm

Amateur Radio?
Although it may be overkill for your situation, have you considered obtaining FCC Amateur Radio Licenses? The Technician (entry level) class only involves a 35 question multiple choice test (mostly...

In GEAR » Two-way radios
February 03, 8:08pm

Re: What's your UL BOB List?
Not to get on the whole big BOB scenario, but this is what I have and would use in that situation (notice I used pounds, not ounces): 5lb 70L pack for carrying hefty loads (because resupplying w...

In Gear Lists » What's your UL BOB List?
January 21, 10:08pm

SOTMR
A SOTMR of trekking pole supported double wall shelter systems would be beneficial to me. This could include 'mids with inners and the newer tarptent style double wall models that can also be u...

In GEAR » When is the Tent SOTMR coming out?
January 21, 8:40pm

Re: Bump
Another bump for this as I have been debating between a Duomid with Inner vs. Notch for similar use. My initial impression would be that the Duomid would survive better but the Notch looks much mor...

In GEAR » Duomid or notch?
January 19, 9:31pm

GPS
Gaia GPS for offline Topo Maps (used to supplement the paper maps and compass you should be carrying). Camera+ for taking better pictures with the iPhone.

In GEAR » iPhone Apps
January 03, 4:11pm

Re: DIY Fix on Peak Elite??
Shortening a Peak Elite should be possible but probably would not have worked on my pad. There were leaks in the seams along with what seemed to be a general leaking of air directly through the pad...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
December 26, 9:28pm

New gear for Christmas? Show us.
MontBell Ex Light jacket for me. It is sweet!

In GEAR » New gear for Christmas? Show us.
December 26, 11:22am

Floorless tarp with bugnet?
Not to hijack the thread, but I see some have used tarps in the Canyon. For solo use, would my floorless SMD Wild Oasis do ok in the Canyon? I would be concerned about scorpions crawling under t...

In GEAR » TT Rainshadow 2 vs. SMD Lunar Duo
December 25, 9:56am

Re: Re: POE
Considered getting the Oyl Mountain Uber at Backcountry but had to use the POE credit for something. POE's warranty stock appears to be diminishing quick for those who need to do a claim. Figur...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
December 23, 11:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Christman

Ryan Christman has posted no reviews.