BPL Community Profile

Ryan C (radio_guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Alaska
About Me Ryan C has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListZion Traverse 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan C

Showing 101 - 110 of 513 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...52

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarptent Options - 1P - Opinions wanted
The Moment has served me well. It has seen it's share of wind, rain, and even moderate snow. I wanted something simple, light, reliable, and cost effective and the Moment delivered. Only downsi...

In GEAR » Tarptent Options - 1P - Opinions wanted
February 19, 12:51pm

Re: More Pictures
Post the pictures Dan as I may pull the trigger...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165
February 19, 12:42pm

Two weeks, solo, JMT or WRR?
Looking into planning a trip to the mountains this year for two (maybe three) weeks in mid to late August. Would prefer to share the experience with someone but that may not be possible. I have don...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Two weeks, solo, JMT or WRR?
February 18, 10:14pm

Backpacking Cats
My kitty cat hikes faster than I do so the whole idea would be a no go. Forget trying to feed her freeze dried food. It would make for some interesting photography though.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking with animals? How about a cat?
February 18, 10:01pm

Excellent!
Thanks for sharing your gear experiences Christine. This is one of the best threads I have seen that highlights LONG term gear use and expectations.

In GEAR » Gear: What breaks when and why?
February 16, 7:43pm

Re: Re: cell phone-- bringin' it?
My 406MHz PLB has better coverage than your cell phone : ) Actually, I do take the smartphone as it functions as a camera, camcorder, notepad, GPS (with offline topo), weather, alarm clock... an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » cell phone-- bringin' it?
February 14, 7:55pm

Re: SOTMR Thoughts
The suggested types/models Dan mentioned are what I would be interested in. Maybe options from both ends of the price spectrum rather than all uberexpensive cuben models. Remember that many of us l...

In GEAR » When is the Tent SOTMR coming out?
February 14, 6:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio
That is neat Bob, I have seen some guys playing around with old PRC-25/77's and PRC-68's on the Amateur 6m (50-54MHz) band. That stretch of wavelengths has some interesting characteristics,...

In GEAR » Two-way radios
February 04, 10:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Radio
Sorry to create confusion Bob, you are indeed correct that both are licensed. By unlicensed I should have specified FRS with it's effective radiated power limitations compared to other options.

In GEAR » Two-way radios
February 04, 6:43pm

Re: Radio
Colin, Amateur Radio is a very versatile tool and can be well worth getting the basic license, whether you use it strictly as a means of communication or grow to find it is an enjoyable hobby. I us...

In GEAR » Two-way radios
February 04, 5:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan C

Ryan C has posted no reviews.