BPL Community Profile

larry savage (pyeyo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale pacific northwest
About Me aging 4 season mountain bum,if I'm not here I'm out there.
CityWenatchee
StateWashington
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by larry savage

Showing 101 - 110 of 743 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...75

Forum » Thread

those who cannot rmember the past are condemned to repeat it - G. Santayana
If one takes a huge step backwards we the controversy focused on external framed packs and internal framed packs. We had A16, Alpenlites, and Kelty and many other people who argued in the media at ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The craze with frameless
July 11, 1:55pm

repair?
I spend a great deal of my time going through old steel frames and the first thing I would do is inspect it for serious rust looking down the seat tube, around the bottom bracket,the chain stays, e...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Trek 720 Multitrack worth overhauling?
July 11, 11:13am

I just ate ... a long time ago in a place far away
Wandering down from Edison Lake through the Mono Recesses brought me to Bishop, a shortage of edible food on this trip [this was my peanut butter and piton stage] led me to Bobo's Bonanza, an ...

In Chaff » I just ate.....
May 25, 6:08pm

wearing crampons to practice self-arrest
I would like to reiterate Jason's remark about not practicing self-arrest w/ crampons on, one of the nastiest rescues I participated in was one of our own team member's practicing self-arre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Learning how to use an ice axe
May 13, 3:26pm

new ultra, ultra light solution to trail eggs

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated eggs that taste like eggs!
April 29, 5:33pm

low weight
Low weight, I don't need no stinkin' low weight?

In Philosophy & Technique » Fill in the Blank!
April 29, 5:13pm

do a little dance
My dad was Irish and we used to go to céilidhs, [kailees], a type of country dance/hootenanny. So when I bust out to a peak top I would always do a bit of step dancing - this single thing led to h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Summit/ Happy place rituals?
April 29, 4:53pm

spelling!!!
I can too spell Scotland!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 16, 12:30pm

ah yes, the famous Church of Costco
Fortunately they still sell toilet paper by the hundred roll packs.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 16, 10:05am

ensconce
I like that word a lot - gonna add it to my Words-I-Have to-Say-Almost-Daily list. Well it beats the heck out of being dredged in marinara sauce, eh?

In Chaff » WTF of the Day - Down Fetish
October 15, 11:39pm

All Reader Reviews by larry savage

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

five ten camp four
The five ten camp four shoe fits into the approach shoe category, a little heavier then a trail runner the camp four excels at getting you there then holding it's own as a climbing shoe. Internal...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 27, 10:28am

Stanley Titanium Helios Ice Axe
I've been using a helios ice axe since mid-winter. This is an all titanium tool, the only one I think is available since the Ushba has gone away. Made by Jim Stanley with a 6-4 ti head and a 3-2...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
May 24, 11:04pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
2 different products from 2 different makers aimed at providing some carbs/electrolytes and fruit flavors on hikes and multiday trips. Clif Shot Bloks are soft [rubbery] organic rice syrup cubes that...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 08, 10:50pm

exposure joystick
Born into the world of endurance and mtn. bike racing the joystick crosses over nicely for weekend or longer [w/solar charger] wilderness trips. At 85 gms. it is a few grams lighter then a surefire e...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
April 29, 12:37pm