BPL Community Profile

Nate Powell (powell1nj) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Nate Powell has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListFoothills Trail Gearlist - March 28 - April 1, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nate Powell

Showing 101 - 110 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

Backcountry Ti 700mL Mug/Pot
I discovered that the lid from my Jetboil fits nicely on my Backcountry.com titanium 700 mL mug/pot. I should note that the lid I have is the standard black lid - I don't have one of those spac...

In GEAR » Plastic lids for popular Cups/Pots
December 05, 8:53am

Re: Spinnaker
Yeah, it's very strange. Must be a major shortage. I'm assuming this is why Gossamer Gear doesn't have any of its gear made with spinnaker. Maybe some will turn up...

In Make Your Own Gear » Spinnaker?
December 02, 6:14pm

Spinnaker For Sale By The Yard?
Anyone know of a place to buy Spinnaker fabric by the yard? Looking for the kind that's ready to be made into a tarp, i.e. Jay Ham's 'Five Yards To SuperUltraLight' article. I'v...

In Make Your Own Gear » Spinnaker?
December 02, 5:02pm

REI Flash 65
These are really nice packs. The Flash 65 should be enough room for that type of gear and they're light relative to the other equipment you mentioned - just over 3 lbs. The 65 is $169 so not mu...

In GEAR » Which of these packs will do better with heavier gear?
December 02, 10:43am

San Diego Wilderness Areas?
Hey all. Another question for the San Diego folks. By the way, thanks to those who responded to my post looking for San Diego hikers - didn't respond much as I was asking for my brother and he ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Diego Wilderness Areas?
December 01, 6:49am

Re: MYOG Pack - Torso Size?
Thanks very much for the comments Ron - exactly the info. I was looking for.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pack - Torso Size?
November 21, 3:02pm

RE: MYOG Pack - Torso Size
Steve, thanks for the reply. I should've mentioned that a hipbelt is one of the things I'm planning to add to the pack.

November 21, 10:16am

MYOG Pack - Torso Size?
Hey there. I'm looking to make myself a pack that will be heavily based on Jay Ham's 5 Yards to SUL Pack - just some different materials and a few additions. My question is how do I make a ...

November 21, 9:08am

Tarp Newbie
Never used tarps but I'd like to give it a shot - here's maybe a dumb question. Would a cat tarp with a 9' ridgleine, 7' head width and 5' foot width provide enough space for me...

In GEAR » Tarp Newbie
November 18, 6:00am

Filter
Ike, thanks for sharing all this info. with us. Two questions 1) What is the final weight for your 1 micron, bleach and AC system. Any chance for a pic? 2) How long are you allowing for the bleach...

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
November 16, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Nate Powell

Nate Powell has posted no reviews.