BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 101 - 110 of 871 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pocket Rocket or SnowPeak GigaPower?
yeah, BPL used to sell gear but no longer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pocket Rocket or SnowPeak GigaPower?
January 24, 11:56am

sew it on
You don't need adjustability unless you need to fit more than one person. All packs I have made except one I've just sewed the sternum strap in place - and that's not just for me but fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to make a sternum strap that slides along piping?
January 23, 2:06pm

Re: 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
From what you describe I'd say 20 degree bag, for a cold sleeper and wanting some shoulder season use. And the beauty of the 20 degree bag for he sierra is you can push into winter with extra c...

In GEAR » 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
January 23, 12:11pm

Weight not the only facdtor
As far as the mass you have to move down the trail, no difference. But there are so many other factors - how far apart are the water sources, how reliable are they, how hydrated are you, what have ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 2:21pm

the scoop
http://www.nps.gov/yose/blogs/tmconditions.htm about the most recent info you will find

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Winter biking Tuolumne Meadows
January 22, 2:13pm

Re: Who's nailed into the dining room floor to test pitch a shelter?
Practical tip from a contractor who has to cover finished floors all the time to protect them from remodeling damage - a nail driven thru the carpet into the subfloor will come out clean and leave ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Who's nailed into the dining room floor to test pitch a shelter?
January 18, 2:48pm

Re: Routes below/near the snow line for winter backpacking
Trouble is that the snow line is constantly changing (well, it is in a normal winter..). what I would be looking at are coast range areas, especially Ventana Wilderness and points south. Unless you...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Routes below/near the snow line for winter backpacking
January 14, 6:25pm

Re: Re: re: YARTS
Unless it means a lot to you to be able to say you've hiked every foot of the JMT in one trip, I'd suggest that if you get extra days you still start at Tuolumne. Having done the whole thin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT in Mid-July- Looking for Itinerary Critiques
January 11, 4:37pm

Re: There should be snow
In April, it will be mostly walking up 120 from the gate. So I'd suggest running shoes for the walking. What I've done in similar situations is to wear my running shoes until the solid snow...

In Winter Hiking » Advice: Ski up 120 to Tuolumne Meadows Wilderness Center hut
January 11, 4:25pm

Re: Technical Description of Capilene ?
This is not exactly technical, but might be useful info. I have used a couple generations of Capilene - including the very first, which I still have in the form of a shirt that is half capilene and...

In GEAR » Technical Description of Capilene ?
January 10, 4:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.