BPL Community Profile

Sean Passanisi (passanis) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sean Passanisi hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Sean Passanisi has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sean Passanisi

Showing 101 - 110 of 256 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

Vibram Five Fingers
Hello. I wear Vibram Five Fingers and haven't used gaiters. I see that Dirty Girl makes gaiters compatible with Vibram FF. How effective are gaiters with this type of shoe? Thank you.

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
July 17, 4:12pm

Los Padres National Forest
Hello, I'm looking for a place to camp close to Santa Barbara (perhaps 1-2 hours). I'll be driving down from San Francisco for a meeting in Ventura on Friday. I hope to find a spot not...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Los Padres National Forest
July 17, 1:42pm

Re: Sawyer Mini filter
I lost my Sawyer squeeze last week and need to replace it. So will this one function like a squeeze?

In GEAR » Sawyer MINI Filter
July 16, 5:49pm

Re: more info
Harald, WM does *not* use the EN lower limit rating when listing their bags. They use their own rating, which happens to be close to the EN lower limit. I called WM to get the EN ratings. They d...

In GEAR » Adding overfill to a Summerlite
July 12, 9:28pm

Mosquitos are out in force
I was out in Desolation Wilderness the past two weekends (6/28 and 7/5), one at Lyons Lake and the other at Lake Aloha. The mosquitos are out to get you in a big way. We were fortunate to have a ...

In GEAR » Desolation Wilderness Gear Questions
July 12, 12:12pm

Bringing back an old thread
I found a couple of threads discussing overfilling the Summerlite but has anyone actually done it? I spoke with WM this morning and they said they could add 1 oz or so, which they said would allow...

In GEAR » Adding overfill to a Summerlite
July 12, 10:30am

Re: Re: Re: A LIST: "Most windstorm worthy, double wall, 2 person, trekking pole shelters under 2kg"
Thanks, Stephen. I already have an SS2 but I received the same recommendation from Eric B. when ordering my Notch this week.

In GEAR » A LIST: "Most windstorm worthy, double wall, 2 person, trekking pole shelters under 2kg"
July 11, 6:04pm

SS2 in 70 km/h wind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0Yo8dBY0I I don't know if I would sleep much but at least it holds up!

In GEAR » A LIST: "Most windstorm worthy, double wall, 2 person, trekking pole shelters under 2kg"
July 11, 2:13pm

Re: Sleep System
Thanks for all of the feedback. The Downmat is certainly one area where I can cut weight, but it's the one mat I have. I put $$$ into the solo shelter and the Bearikade to shave weight. I su...

In Gear Lists » One more JMT list (first timer)
July 10, 6:21pm

iPad vs. iPad mini
Slightly off topic. I use a first gen iPad at home and I'm preparing to upgrade when the new models come out this fall. I'm curious to hear feedback from people that moved from the larger...

In GEAR » ipad
July 10, 2:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Sean Passanisi

Sean Passanisi has posted no reviews.