Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 101 - 110 of 697 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...70

Forum » Thread

Prestaratchet
I've used topeak aliens before. Now I use prestaratchet, much better and lighter, and easy to tailer the kit to what you need for each bike.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bike Multi-Tool recommendations?
July 31, 7:11am

Drool
Very, very fine work! Thanks very much for sharing :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon Silnylon Pyramid Tarp - Hex
July 28, 5:57am

Re: Re: A food example
As you have a reasonable 40L pack already and some gear, then yep, do some test runs with everything you have. Do up a list first, if there's something you are missing find something to substit...

In GEAR » Pack size for UL thru-hiking - 40L too small?
July 28, 5:53am

A food example
Here is a good new post by Andrew Skurka on food he's about to use on a trip. He doesn't have volume there, but you can gauge it from the pics. This is a good example of minimum volume per ...

July 27, 9:01pm

Re: Pack size for UL thru-hiking - 40L too small?
Hi Andrea running with a pack is a LOT harder than walking with one. Also, bigger packs meant for this generally have more substantial harnesses than small hydration packs, which transfer loads ...

July 27, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Unique VBL?
I'm also interested in this question, for other reasons. Would normal hysol bond with the foam?

In Make Your Own Gear » Unique VBL?
July 27, 5:48am

Re: Re: 3m tape curing
Gary, did this project ever progress any further from here? Cheers, Adam

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Air Matress...
July 27, 5:45am

Re: Re: Emissivity of alumized Cuben, Silnylon
This is fascinating Jerry! What are the weights of the reflective cuben, silnylon and foil? 21F difference for adding foil is quite significant. In a vapor barrier sleeping system it could be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emissivity of alumized Cuben, Silnylon
July 27, 3:29am

Pyramid
Faced with the same scenario (wife very interested in doing more bushwalking with me, and we have a 15month old daughter, planning for another), I've ordered a 4 person mid (a 9x9) from oware, ...

In GEAR » Okay, so here is the new scenario.....(family and solo backpacking)..what's the perfect set-up?
July 27, 3:04am

Re: Re: From here
Sorry about slow response. At the moment, it looks like you've made a triangle. Now, with three more struts of the same length, add them to turn the frame into a triangular based pyramid. Fl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Concept Design for UL Cuben fiber, Silnylon, Carbon fiber, Dyneema cord, fully collaspseable Umbrella
July 26, 6:25am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.