BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 101 - 110 of 596 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...60

Forum » Thread

Re: Edit
Holy cow, are they stuck in 1894?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for hiking buddie(s) in Victoria, Australia
March 18, 9:36pm

Re: FS: Canon SL1 DSLR Kit, lightest DSLR in the world 14oz
That's a great shot at the bottom, with the telephoto I presume?

In Gear Swap » FS: Canon SL1 DSLR Kit, lightest DSLR in the world 14oz
March 18, 9:32pm

Re: Re: 2014 Gear List
Yeah, I agree with Nick. Just go hiking, a lot. Your pack is plenty light enough for now. You'll slowly figure out what works and what doesn't or what you'd like to change, do it increm...

In Gear Lists » 2014 Gear List
March 18, 1:50am

Re: Re: Sub 60
Got my pack finally in the mail today (not Matt's fault, I had it packed at a warehouse in CA with other gear before shipping onwards to Japan). Pull out all the pieces. Wow. I'm really...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
March 17, 10:44pm

Re: Tachyon
I have a Tachyon anorak and its one the best pieces of gear I own. DWR is perfectly fine for me, as is breathability. I've used it in really crappy Japanese weather all winter, snow, torrent...

In GEAR » Wind layer help!!
March 17, 10:12pm

Re: Re: Re:"What ONE piece of gear makes you smile and why"
I'm thinking this is a goer Aaron. Any idea what the fabric is? Are those side compression straps easily removeable?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ONE piece of gear makes you smile and why
March 17, 10:08pm

Re: Smiley Gear
I'm 29 and I already wake to pee in the night, every night... I was just contemplating in my head some kind of downbootie/overshoe etc for getting up in the night in camp, but this could be ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What ONE piece of gear makes you smile and why
March 17, 10:06pm

Re: 2014 Gear List
Where are you hiking? What temps are you expecting (day and night and in camp)? What weather? How long between resupply? Max water and food load? Most of your list is pretty good, but it ends up...

In Gear Lists » 2014 Gear List
March 17, 10:02pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
Warmer groundsheet? RFID Uberlight Wallet? Warmer hammock? (Go much skimpier on underquilt, use this as outer fabric (seam seal), skimpier top tarp). Warmer VPL gear? Alien protection? ...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
March 17, 8:11am

Re: What ONE piece of gear makes you smile and why
At the moment my Montbell Tachyon does this without fail every time. Every time I don it, it impresses me again in a new situation.

March 17, 12:21am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.