BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 101 - 110 of 5618 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...562

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Not really
"Doug and Tom do this a lot, too." Aw, c'mon Dean. That's below the belt and below you as well. I've never done that to you. Ever. Maybe a couple of other people I thou...

In Chaff » Meanwhile in Venezuela
February 26, 8:51pm

Re: Re: I am weird
" Admittedly I'm rather rusty, but I could brush up quickly. At least enough to ask the border guards to be gentle during the body cavity searches..." Do you know how to ask them t...

February 26, 8:47pm

Re: Re
"I understand that connection but I don't forgive his actions even though I understand his motivation." Do you forgive the actions of the others I mentioned? FWIW, the Nobel P...

February 26, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Meanwhile in Venezuela
"No no, the premise that three's company....." Hmmmm, I'd have thought that you'd find that premise downright interesting. ;0)

February 26, 8:07pm

Re: Re: Bushwacking from Enchanted Gorge to Simpson Meadow
"I just don't know of an alternate option to keep this loop together." What is the rest of the intended loop?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bushwacking from Enchanted Gorge to Simpson Meadow
February 26, 8:03pm

Re: Re: It's good to be grateful.
"Mineral King would make an awesome ski resort." Back in the day when it was a live issue, that kind of talk could have put you square in the path of a jumbo can of whup a$$ in certain...

In On the Web » Disney almost built a ski resort in Sequoia National Park
February 25, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "EN 13537 and LOFT"
"So, basically this is suggesting eating an oz of jerky before heading to bed. Hmmm, likely some fats, too, since the warmth would wear off after 4-5 hours." Fats, too, for the calorie...

In GEAR » EN 13537 and LOFT
February 25, 6:22pm

Re: Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
"How lucky am I.... Didn't even know until someone told me what it was." Damn, incredible shots!

In Photography » Golden Eagle eating deer that mountain lion killed
February 25, 6:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Meanwhile in Venezuela
"I don't even agree with the premise...." Three's Company has a premise?

February 25, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Meanwhile in Venezuela
"But, y'know, I've been giving very serious consideration to doing the Mongol Rally via a Siberian route in either a Fiat Panda or on a Honda Ruckus. Perhaps I should get hip to the Ru...

February 25, 5:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm