Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 101 - 110 of 6838 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...684

Forum » Thread

Re: Re:
"Lincoln is a hero and Putin is a thug." So Vlad was fighting for slavery back in 1861? And here I thought he trying to keep a bunch of fascist Ukrainian thugs from oppressing a Russi...

In Chaff » SC Governor is So Wrong!
June 25, 8:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A defense
"They'd probably shoot me first....because I am a communist from the North" Nah, they'd just strap you on the gurney and stick a needle in your arm, just like everybody else. ...

In Chaff » A defense
June 23, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Perspective Needed
"SSRIs are also used to treat abuse and dependence, ADHD (in children and adolescents), anxiety disorders, autism (in children), bipolar disorder, eating disorders, fibromyalgia, neuropathic p...

In Chaff » A defense
June 14, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Re: A defense
"This is 'murica. No criticism allowed." Time to move on, Jen, while you still can. You're presenting with symptoms of Tex-a-fication. ;0)

In Chaff » A defense
June 14, 8:35pm

Re: BPL Exclusive!
"Spartacus had a bad finger." So Badfinger is Spartacus's nickname, and he actually sang the song in question?

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 14, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Minority Rule & High School
"I think I shall do the best thing possible for this thread - hijack it. To make Tom happy and challenge Max to a little trivia contest." Far out, Nick. Congratulations on having stee...

June 14, 8:25pm

Re: BPL Exclusive!
"I am Spartacus and so is my wife ! Now clear off! I played the Badfinger version to my wife, she was sure it was the Beatles..." Is Spartacus any relation to Badfinger?

June 14, 8:18pm

Re: Re: Maybe
"In the future, when we reap some more fruits of our international adventures, we will look back, again, and wonder how we missed the warning signs." The problem this time around is th...

In Chaff » Survey Points to Challenges NATO Faces Over Russia
June 14, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Maybe
"The side we haven't heard from is the right wingers that want to give military aid to Ukrainians." If you go outside on a quiet night, you can hear faintly the banging of a sword ...

June 14, 6:16pm

Re: Look
"I'm happy to continue reading about both sides of the coin." The Russian side of the coin is that we have expanded an anti Russian alliance to their very doorstep, conducted war g...

June 14, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm