Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nathan Hays (oroambulant) - BPL Guest

My Locale San Francisco
About Me Nathan Hays has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan Hays

Showing 101 - 110 of 223 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...23

Forum » Thread

My hydration setup
I'm just so happy with my hydration setup I wanted to share. I use a Nathan 2L zip-top bladder with an in-line Sawyer filter. I also take a 2L Platy bag and a Nathan 8oz sucky bottle. I ...

In GEAR » My hydration setup
July 05, 2:01pm

Re: 8d
Well, this one is cut, marked, and half the baffles in so it will have to be the next one. I'm happy with M50, but no reason not to go with an 8d liner. Mebbe I'll give this one to my son...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 MyoQuilt air vents
July 05, 12:21pm

M50 MyoQuilt air vents
I'm making my second quilt using thru-hiker's M50 kit. My wife's quilt is slow to loft so I'm considering adding a panel or edging that is much more breathable. Any suggestions?

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 MyoQuilt air vents
July 04, 9:34pm

Oops
@Art vs @jerry: That's the fourth name mixup I've made in one day since I hoofed it all of 5 hours out of Ansel Adams to Tuolumne. Fastpacking is bad for the mind... I like the evazote ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Buying industrial packaging as MYOG lightweight puncture resistant ground pad with some small cushioning value...
July 03, 1:08pm

Readily avail
There is floor insulation that is similar. Goes under pergo and others. Bonus of a reflective mylar layer. Thinner, but can be stacked. I think it doesn't provide nearly the waterproofing y...

In Make Your Own Gear » Buying industrial packaging as MYOG lightweight puncture resistant ground pad with some small cushioning value...
July 03, 11:21am

Fastpacking at any pack weight
+1 Art, Greg, and some others. Fastpacking to me requires that you: a) carry what you need for camping, eating, hygiene, etc.. b) can go for multiple days up until the food runs out c) you ar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fastpacking Definition?
July 03, 10:11am

Solio Bolt Experience
My son, 5 days on the JMT today, texted me (with our inReach) that he wants me to bring him something stronger than the Solio Bolt when I resupply him at Florence. He has been diligently setting...

In GEAR » What think ye of the Solio Bolt?
July 02, 11:34pm

Jam 70
It's good you didn't buy the GoLite Jam70. I like the pack, but it needs modifications to work. Go Lite doesn't seem to understand how a pack is constructed. They include load lifter...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear G4, Granite Gear Virga, Equinox Katahdin, Go Lite Jam 70, or Granite Gear Vapor Ki??
July 02, 11:15pm

My mod not enough
Just hiked 40 miles at 40 Lbs with the internal frame replacement I posted earlier. It is not enough - the load lifters are basically useless except to keep the pack from flopping back when unload...

In GEAR » Best practice consensus: adding a frame for Jam?
July 01, 1:53pm

Retraining
I found that the switch to trail runners (Vasque, 10-12mm drop, not much arch support) caused me odd pains including knees, inside ankles, and metatarsals. Determined to get off the shoe and m...

In GEAR » Trailrunners cause knee problems?
July 01, 1:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan Hays

Nathan Hays has posted no reviews.