BPL Community Profile

obx hiker (obxcola) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Outer Banks of North Carolina
About Me 60: Wide but relatively shallow experience. That's my older daughter and "baby" brother in the photo
at Gragg Prong , Wilson Creek.
CityNags Head
StateNorth Carolina
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.obxcola.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by obx hiker

Showing 101 - 110 of 417 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...42

Forum » Thread

Rae Lakes Loop August
The NWS point forecast as provided by Kent should certainly be carefully monitored and taken into consideration but not relied on exclusively; especially for advance planning where you need to cons...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Rae Lakes Loop August
June 18, 10:14am

What you talkin bout kenny boy?
Roger you are a brave man and for a bloke from the land of Ozzzz have an unusually pale bronze. I take it surfing isn't your sport?

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 06, 8:12am

Rogers new Avatar!
Who's that rock n' roll star In your avatar?

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 05, 7:17pm

whoopie slings
Well this IS Backpacking Light and the things are very light, fast and adjustable. Sgt Rock has a pretty near full hammock system at @ 1 lb using among other devices "whoopie slings" Ma...

In Hammocks » whoopie slings....
June 02, 9:07pm

Advice needed for trip in the southwest this winter
Thanks Alex. You obviously haven't met my wife. Coming from the east you still have to transition the continental divide either between Grants and Gallop on I-40 or out past Cuba on 550 but...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Advice needed for trip in the southwest this winter
May 27, 9:19am

Mylar emergency biv
I'm thinking about cutting out a stretch about 2' x 5 ' on the top and taping or gluing in a section of one of those frogg toggs 2.8 oz emergency ponchos as a breathable top panel. ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Mylar emergency bivy
May 26, 7:42pm

Advice needed for trip in the southwest this winter
I've been watching this thread to see if any locals would add comment and am hesitant as a far east southerner......... but we do go out to Bluff Utah several times a year including the winter ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Advice needed for trip in the southwest this winter
May 26, 6:28pm

Corn Chowder
no class, no class at all.............

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Eating and altitude
May 24, 7:06pm

We'll Dance in th' New Mexico Rain
You asked: "I have the option of going to northern NM either the second week of June, or mid-July. I know rain is always possible" Damn I hope it rains............. http://www.youtu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Mexico
May 24, 6:57pm

"The Rapture"
Well according to Lawrence O'Donnell the man who made the prediction has 72 million ( that's $72,000,000.00) saved up "just in case" ( shown on the tube with a back-ground shot o...

In Chaff » The Rapture
May 23, 6:54pm

All Reader Reviews by obx hiker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Blow-Up Pillow
Used the dual chamber for @ 5 years. Don't want to get it too full but that's easy to adjust. Can be a little tricky to get fully de-flated for packing. Persistence! Cover it with your tee-shi...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 30, 8:19pm

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
William Siemens has it right about wind-resistance being a key. This jacket is wonderfully wind resistant. The Northern Outer Banks of NC can be an incredibly cold place due to the combination of wind...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 25, 4:32pm