Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry Cuthbert (nzbazza) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Barry Cuthbert has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListNew Zealand 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry Cuthbert

Showing 101 - 110 of 142 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Cactus Climbing Miklat and Macpac Kakapo 35
This pack is my do-everything pack for going to work, carrying stuff, day trips, summer overnight trips etc. Mine is now about 8 years old and will be good for another 10+ years. It is one robust p...

In GEAR » Looking for a bushwhacking day/overnight pack
September 26, 2:51pm

Re: Are there any UL or LW packs suitable for scrub?
Check out the State Of The Market Report by Roger Caffin on lightweight framed packs: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/lw_internal_frame_packs_part_2.html I would say ...

In GEAR » Are there any UL or LW packs suitable for scrub?
September 19, 9:45pm

Inverted Canister
Does the stove operate with the gas canister inverted? It has a pre-heat tube so I'm assuming that it can. Does MSR have an official position on inverted canister operation with this stove? ...

In GEAR » The New (for 2012) Whisperlite Universal
September 06, 12:02am

Some unique and cool ideas here
Love the pack, some really cool and clever ideas and some slick construction. A fantastic collaboration.

In GEAR » Chris Zimmer creation "The Eugeneius Pack"
August 27, 10:58pm

At least 8...
There is a real range of sizes and styles in the garage from the Macpac Torre for the big heavy loads and long trips down to a couple of 40 litre packs for overnights. There's a couple of exter...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many packs do you own?
August 26, 2:26am

INTP
Your Type is INTP Strength of the preferences % Introverted 56 Intuitive 12 Thinking 75 Perceiving 78 I tried the test 4 times over the past day or so with 3 INTP results, all with fair...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
August 21, 4:15pm

That's a really clever idea
I am impressed, such a simple but brilliant idea. I wonder if standard household fibreglass insulation would be suitable as the wick material? It's used as a wick in a standard cat stove.

In Make Your Own Gear » new alcohol stove
August 17, 7:06am

Thanks
Thank you for the advice everybody. The microspikes look ideal and the reviews I've read have all been glowing. I love the screw shoes idea! I guess minimal/barefoot shoes need not apply. G...

In GEAR » Trail shoes and snow/ice
August 16, 5:26pm

Trail shoes and snow/ice
With all the snow here in Wellington, I've been running around in my trail shoes and slipping and sliding all over the place on the icy snow. I was very tempted to put on my semi rigid leather ...

In GEAR » Trail shoes and snow/ice
August 15, 10:06pm

Some mud photos
I found some photos demonstrating the proper technique and attitude required to tackle mud. These photos were from a tramp I did with my 8 yr old daughter two months ago up to Mt Holdsworth in the ...

In GEAR » Shoe set up for hiking in mud?
August 15, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry Cuthbert

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SnowPeak 900
I have the ti version, weighs 155g on my scales, 105g sans lid. Perfect size billy for me when going solo and SP Gigapower stove and gas canister fit neatly inside the billy. I replaced the lid wit...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 28, 6:51pm

Sea to Summit Alpha Light Spoon
I have the long-handled version - ideal for eating out of bags or stirring in pots. As others have noted the shape of the spoon is great for the last bit of food out of the corners. Sometimes I wish t...

In Cookware - Other
July 28, 6:42pm