BPL Community Profile

Barry Cuthbert (nzbazza) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Barry Cuthbert has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListNew Zealand 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry Cuthbert

Showing 101 - 110 of 127 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Windpro revised?
I've heard that the Windpro has been upgraded/revised to officially allow inverted cannister use. Does anyone have any further information on this?

In GEAR » New Stoves from MSR
August 04, 6:36pm

New Zealand
Going through your questions... My favourite time for tramping in NZ is autumn, not as hot as summer, the weather generally is fairly stable and the days are still long enough but really each se...

In GEAR » What would Frodo do? : New Zealand Spring/ Summer
July 27, 5:24am

Sunhat
My tatty dog-eared sunhat that is at least 20 years old and has been on every trip I've done since. It still does its core roles of keeping the sun, rain and sweat off my face superbly. I'd...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear?
July 17, 12:45am

Discussed in this article
Become a member or buy access to this article published last week. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/frameless_backpacks_sotm_part2b_2011.html Will Rietveld discusses t...

In GEAR » Best Support for a Frameless Pack
July 06, 9:47pm

Mont Bell Ultralight Dome
http://iclimb.co.nz/tents.htm http://webshop.montbell.jp/goods/disp.php?product_id=1122376 Edited highlights from website: The Ultralight Dome is a 2-person hiking tent weighing 865 grams. Th...

In GEAR » Ultlalight 2 person tents
July 05, 5:37am

Etrex H
I agree with Mike W, Etrex H is the way to go, and is the GPS I use. While I use it for waypoints and so on, I mostly use the gps for altitude (to determine location on a topo map) rather than a gr...

In GEAR » Please recommend a bare-bones but quality GPS
July 04, 5:12pm

fabric maps
In New Zealand you can get waterproof fabric topographic maps from this place. Fantastic multipurpose item. As they are printing a digital image using a dyes-ublimation process, they may be able to...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual sided map
July 04, 3:51pm

Virga...
It's there, check out Figure 3.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011
Part 2B – Technical Evaluation – Measurement of Pack Load Carrying Capacity

June 28, 5:38pm

Re: Re: My take...
"That kinda sounds like 'form follows function.' Aren't ounces or grams more important ;)" Only on this website! :)

In GEAR » Dysfunctional Pack Design :)
June 20, 7:40pm

My take...
Dysfunctional is a pretty strong term but at least it has generated some interesting and lively debate, and it's "forced" me to add my own 2c. Obviously there is no perfect pack desig...

In GEAR » Dysfunctional Pack Design :)
June 20, 5:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry Cuthbert

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SnowPeak 900
I have the ti version, weighs 155g on my scales, 105g sans lid. Perfect size billy for me when going solo and SP Gigapower stove and gas canister fit neatly inside the billy. I replaced the lid wit...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 28, 6:51pm

Sea to Summit Alpha Light Spoon
I have the long-handled version - ideal for eating out of bags or stirring in pots. As others have noted the shape of the spoon is great for the last bit of food out of the corners. Sometimes I wish t...

In Cookware - Other
July 28, 6:42pm