BPL Community Profile

Barry Cuthbert (nzbazza) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Barry Cuthbert has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListNew Zealand 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry Cuthbert

Showing 101 - 110 of 122 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Etrex H
I agree with Mike W, Etrex H is the way to go, and is the GPS I use. While I use it for waypoints and so on, I mostly use the gps for altitude (to determine location on a topo map) rather than a gr...

In GEAR » Please recommend a bare-bones but quality GPS
July 04, 5:12pm

fabric maps
In New Zealand you can get waterproof fabric topographic maps from this place. Fantastic multipurpose item. As they are printing a digital image using a dyes-ublimation process, they may be able to...

In Multiple Use Gear » Dual sided map
July 04, 3:51pm

Virga...
It's there, check out Figure 3.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011
Part 2B – Technical Evaluation – Measurement of Pack Load Carrying Capacity

June 28, 5:38pm

Re: Re: My take...
"That kinda sounds like 'form follows function.' Aren't ounces or grams more important ;)" Only on this website! :)

In GEAR » Dysfunctional Pack Design :)
June 20, 7:40pm

My take...
Dysfunctional is a pretty strong term but at least it has generated some interesting and lively debate, and it's "forced" me to add my own 2c. Obviously there is no perfect pack desig...

In GEAR » Dysfunctional Pack Design :)
June 20, 5:47pm

Go Supercat...
+1 on the Supercat stove - 1 can, 1 hole punch and 5 minutes and you have a working highly efficient alcohol stove. Zenstoves.net has a hole template that you can print off for perfect hole placeme...

In GEAR » What's a easy to make but efficient alcohol stove?
June 20, 5:29pm

Another method...
Stand with the pack against your feet with the panel that goes against your back facing outwards and hold the shoulder straps. Then with a mighty heave (not so mighty if UL!!!) lift the pack up and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Not THAT heavy
June 08, 4:46pm

nickyandcookie.com
Another blog of a Te Araroa trip with lots of cool pics I found online. Cookie also has previously thru-hiked the CDT and offers some insights between the two trails. nickyandcookie.com

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Te Araroa - The Long Pathway - New Zealand
June 06, 4:34am

nickyandcookie.com
double post

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Te Araroa - The Long Pathway - New Zealand
June 06, 3:25am

Sea to Summit Long Handled Al Spoon
Is my choice. The kids use the sporks now.

In GEAR » Plastic spork vs Ti spork ?
April 26, 6:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry Cuthbert

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SnowPeak 900
I have the ti version, weighs 155g on my scales, 105g sans lid. Perfect size billy for me when going solo and SP Gigapower stove and gas canister fit neatly inside the billy. I replaced the lid wit...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 28, 6:51pm

Sea to Summit Alpha Light Spoon
I have the long-handled version - ideal for eating out of bags or stirring in pots. As others have noted the shape of the spoon is great for the last bit of food out of the corners. Sometimes I wish t...

In Cookware - Other
July 28, 6:42pm