Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Davis (nsiderbam) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale mid-Atlantic
About Me I go to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD (senior year) and started backpacking my first year here. I love the UL philosophy and this forum is awesome.
CityAnnapolis
StateMaryland
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.nsiderbam.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List3-season List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Davis

Showing 101 - 110 of 153 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Wow
For some reason I didn't catch that this was in Washington until I watched the flyover video that showed Steven's Pass -- I was there just last week, and two people had died that day nearby...

In Chaff » Incredible story at the NYT-- Snow Fall: The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek
December 27, 3:51pm

Murmur
Man...I just bought a new Murmur a few weeks ago. Otherwise I'd snatch yours up in a heartbeat.

In Gear Swap » FS:SYNMAT UL7S, TARPTENT SQUALL 2, GOSSAMER GEAR MURMER 2012 AND MORE!
December 26, 11:32am

Re: Re: Re: Flash 45
I just ordered one. Unfortunately they are out of stock so it's on backorder for me. It looks like a great pack that I can use when my GG Murmur just isn't big enough or I need to carry...

In GEAR » REI Flash 22 Pack
December 23, 2:08pm

Looking for a Summer Trip
I'm looking for a trip trip to take this summer, preferably longer than 2 weeks. However, there are a number of constraints. - Due to me only getting a certain amount of leave over the summ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking for a Summer Trip
December 16, 12:35am

Re: JMT Next Summer
I would also recommend Erik the Black's JMT atlas (the one the previous poster linked to). I have it in preparation for a JMT thru-hike this summer and it's awesome. The maps are gorgeous a...

In Gear Lists » JMT Next Summer
December 12, 10:42pm

Paid
Got it. Tanks!

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent Moment with crossing pole
December 07, 9:05am

Re: FS Tarptent Moment with crossing pole
I want it! Well, actually, my friend does. He's been looking for one of these used for a while. Sending a pm.

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent Moment with crossing pole
December 07, 8:29am

I'll take it
Sending a pm. How much has it been used?

In Gear Swap » Montbell UL wind parka, men's medium
December 04, 10:49am

SNP
I've done a couple 4-5 day trips in Shenandoah during the same time you're planning on going (early March) -- in fact, I might be there this spring as well. Water has always been plentiful,...

In GEAR » Hiking the AT in Shenandoah Spring 2013
November 30, 7:40pm

Trip Report -- Black Forest Trail, PA
Most of this is copy/pasted from my blog, which you can find at: http://nsiderbam.blogspot.com/ You're totally welcome to read and comment there; I don't post as much as I should, but...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report -- Black Forest Trail, PA
November 29, 4:32pm

All Reader Reviews by George Davis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

REI Flash 45 (2012-2013 Model)
I've been a UL backpacker for a few years now and this pack was my first purchase where I've actually gone up in weight, meaning that I decided the benefits of using this pack are worth the ex...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 11:49am