Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

George Davis (nsiderbam) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale mid-Atlantic
About Me I go to the Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD (senior year) and started backpacking my first year here. I love the UL philosophy and this forum is awesome.
CountryUnited States
My Website URL
My PDF Gear List3-season List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by George Davis

Showing 101 - 110 of 156 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

FS: GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition
Just picked this up at an REI garage sale. It was returned after very little use because the buyer didn't like the fisheye effect while filming underwater due to the curved lens cover on the wa...

In Gear Swap » FS: GoPro HD HERO2 Outdoor Edition
December 29, 2:50pm

Re: Day hike in sequoia national park
Question: how do you get night shots like that? I have a small understanding of photography (what iso/shutter speed/aperture are and how they affect pictures, etc.) but don't know how to apply ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Day hike in sequoia national park
December 28, 4:40pm

Giant Hemlock?
I don't know exactly what you're referring to by the "giant hemlock" and don't remember it being mentioned in the guidebook. What/where was it?

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report -- Black Forest Trail, PA
December 28, 4:38pm

For some reason I didn't catch that this was in Washington until I watched the flyover video that showed Steven's Pass -- I was there just last week, and two people had died that day nearby...

In Chaff » Incredible story at the NYT-- Snow Fall: The Avalanche at Tunnel Creek
December 27, 3:51pm

Man...I just bought a new Murmur a few weeks ago. Otherwise I'd snatch yours up in a heartbeat.

December 26, 11:32am

Re: Re: Re: Flash 45
I just ordered one. Unfortunately they are out of stock so it's on backorder for me. It looks like a great pack that I can use when my GG Murmur just isn't big enough or I need to carry...

In GEAR » REI Flash 22 Pack
December 23, 2:08pm

Looking for a Summer Trip
I'm looking for a trip trip to take this summer, preferably longer than 2 weeks. However, there are a number of constraints. - Due to me only getting a certain amount of leave over the summ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking for a Summer Trip
December 16, 12:35am

Re: JMT Next Summer
I would also recommend Erik the Black's JMT atlas (the one the previous poster linked to). I have it in preparation for a JMT thru-hike this summer and it's awesome. The maps are gorgeous a...

In Gear Lists » JMT Next Summer
December 12, 10:42pm

Got it. Tanks!

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent Moment with crossing pole
December 07, 9:05am

Re: FS Tarptent Moment with crossing pole
I want it! Well, actually, my friend does. He's been looking for one of these used for a while. Sending a pm.

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent Moment with crossing pole
December 07, 8:29am

All Reader Reviews by George Davis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

REI Flash 45 (2012-2013 Model)
I've been a UL backpacker for a few years now and this pack was my first purchase where I've actually gone up in weight, meaning that I decided the benefits of using this pack are worth the ex...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 03, 11:49am