Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 101 - 110 of 590 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: These can be carried fresh
I carried cucumber, peppers and romaine on a thru hike, trying to get some real food and loved it. After the third day it started looking somewhat unedible, but would rarely last that long before ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How far can REAL food travel?
March 17, 4:33pm

Re: Feedback
I have a different opinion on rain pants. Getting your legs wet isn't really a problem, it's wet and cold that's the problem. You already have wind pants on your list. Combine those ...

In Gear Lists » Preliminary PCT Gear List
March 16, 1:45pm

Re: Re: NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
"How much temp boost do you think I can expect by adding a 1/8th" GG pad?" My guess is about 5-8F. But just a guess. I've also used the neoair on snow with a 3/8" pad d...

In GEAR » NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
March 14, 10:56am

Re: Re: NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
What's worked for me is a fully inflated neoair, BPL measured this at 3.0, plus a GG 1/8" pad for about R3.4. I've had this down to the mid-20s with a 20F bag and been very comfortabl...

In GEAR » NeoAir Pad -- Too Cool??
March 14, 3:12am

Nice list
+1 on the water. 4L carry capacity is minimum IMO. 7 oz might be a little heavy for your first aid kit. What all is included? The exodus IMO is on the minimal side for a 10 lb base weight w...

In Gear Lists » Messy PCT thru-hike list
March 07, 3:06pm

Re: Flagyl
"I have some doubt that a physician will give you a prescription unless you have symptoms that are confirmed by a lab test. If you had symptoms once before on the PCT, then a physician might p...

In GEAR » Aquamira Amount on PCT
March 05, 2:25pm

Re: Flagyl
Bob wrote: "Flagyl is an anti-parasite drug. Basically, it purges everything from your GI tract, good, bad, or indifferent. It is fairly effective against Giardia. However, you don't get ...

In GEAR » Aquamira Amount on PCT
March 05, 1:10pm

Re: Re: Help lower pack weight
You don't really need a backup light. The XP2 has a battery indicator. But I carried a little photon light (1/4 oz) that I used a couple of times when I let the batteries run down. Nice to h...

In Gear Lists » Novice PCT gear list draft 1
March 05, 12:39pm

Re: Re: bounce
I never bother with the sandbags as I want to know how a pack carries with my gear. I suggest buying the pack, take it home load your gear (including some food and water) and walk around the house...

In GEAR » Hi -- question to Exos users
March 05, 10:22am

Re: Re: The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
"If an OHM-style pack was available with a pre 2009 style Conduit belt, sewn on pockets and roll top closure I would definitely buy one and be prepared to pay the price." "Anyone ...

In GEAR » The ULA Unique Selling Point (for me)
February 27, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.