BPL Community Profile

Justin Tremlin (notu) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Washington
About Me I work at Stevens Pass Ski Resort ten months out of the year as the Employee Services Manager (not Human recourses, that's different). The other two months (June and July) I hike, trail run, cyclocross and downhill mountain bike with my wife of 10 years. I live in a faux Bavarian tourist town called Leavenworth where some of the best hiking in Washington is literally out my front door.
CityLeavenworth
StateWa
My PDF Gear ListPNW 3-Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Tremlin

Showing 101 - 110 of 126 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Hot Chili Oil
Add a little hot chili oil to your olive oil to spice it up a bit. You can then leave the Tabasco/Tapitio at home.

In Multiple Use Gear » Olive oil
March 15, 11:25am

SilNylon Pillow. Use an anchor point.
I installed a really long draw cord on a SilNylon stuff sack. I fill it with clothing I'm not sleeping in and then loop the draw cord around my sleeping pad (if I'm using a self inflating p...

In Multiple Use Gear » silnylon stuff sacks
March 15, 11:12am

Use s cup with handles (or am I missing something?)
I use a Snow Peak 450 Ti Mug. It had handles that are Ti so the moment you cut the heat source the handles cool down (it takes about a second). I would think that would be alot lighter than a pot h...

In GEAR » is a pot lifter necessary? What's lightest?
March 07, 10:08am

Use cordlocks instead of toggles.
I've used the cord system for years. Depending on the hike I will either carry two bottles in the cords (one per strap) or carry one bottle in the cords and one Nalgene Canteen. One recommendat...

In GEAR » Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?
February 27, 1:40pm

Re: Re: Cuben, Down, Quilt?
Were is my credit card. I must find my credit card. Honey have you seen my credit card.

In GEAR » Washing a cuben down quilt
February 18, 1:43pm

Re: Pictures and numbers?
I bought one, used it once and never again. In my opinion it is a bad design.

In Multiple Use Gear » Specs for MSR E -wing tarp?
February 18, 1:32pm

Cuben, Down, Quilt?
You Guys just put three magical words together in one sentance that I have never heard before (Cuben, Down & Quilt). Where can I buy a one. I must know.

In GEAR » Washing a cuben down quilt
February 18, 1:14pm

When will my sexy tarp get here?
I ordered the same tarp on Febuary 5th with a Serenity Shelter in Spintex EXP (instead of SilNylon). I can't wait to pitch mine in the back yard. Spring can't get here soon enough.

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Grace Solo (STEALTH) Review
February 18, 1:04pm

I need to show my wife this.
I have enough gear to outfit myself and three other people. Plus an additional three tents, three packs and six head lamps that wouldn't be used. I can now show my wife that I am not the only o...

In GEAR » Who stocks enough gear for others?
January 31, 2:05pm

Serenity Shelter with the Cuben Grace Tarp.
I like that Cuben is more water proof than Spinnaker and I think I am very careful with my gear. I really like the Serenity Shelter idea (full bug protection and space to move). I'm think I wil...

In GEAR » 3 Shelter Options. Would Like Your Opinion
January 25, 12:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Tremlin

Justin Tremlin has posted no reviews.