Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick K (nkline) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northeast U.S.
About Me Nick K has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick K

Showing 101 - 110 of 141 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Custom Cut Lines
I am looking for a supplier who will custom cut lengths of Dacron/Polyester line for me. 50lb. test and 250lb. test preferably in black. Unfortunately, all I have found so far are spools of 500&...

In Make Your Own Gear » Custom Cut Lines
May 06, 7:12pm

re: side, beak, and lifter guy lines
For the side, beak, and lifter guy lines, Ray refers to using a "specialized flat line carefully chosen for its subtle stiffness, greatly reducing tangles." Any idea on the type of lin...

In Make Your Own Gear » ray way tarp kit/ tarp book
May 04, 10:23am

re: tarp guy lines
Thanks a ton for the helpful information. For the side, beak, and lifter guy lines, Ray refers to using a "specialized flat line carefully chosen for its subtle stiffness, greatly reducing ...

In GEAR » Tarp Guy Lines
May 04, 10:03am

Tarp Guy Lines
I will be building a Ray-way inspired tarp and was wondering about the type of rope I should use. Initially, I was thinking: - 2 ridge guys: 1/8" Nylon or Braided Polyester (Dacron) - 4 co...

In GEAR » Tarp Guy Lines
April 20, 10:29am

re: what do I want to use to build a quilt
Regarding insulation, OWFinc.com sells Climashield Polyester Continuous Filament (from the makers of Polarguard) and Thinsulate 3M. Which is the preferred insulation for a quilt and why? Than...

In Make Your Own Gear » Okay, what do I want to use to build a quilt
March 29, 1:42pm

Tim be the man :) Thanks for the fresh ideas. Nick

March 24, 7:01pm

I am also in the process of planning to sew a quilt. I have read about some added quilt features such as the gorget and draft stopper. Is the draft stopper just a piece of fabric sewn to the ...

March 24, 2:48pm

re: I like nature
Random thought: To deny ones connection with nature is to deny ones self. Are we nature? And is nature us? Makes me wonder what the world would be like if more people were in touch with natu...

In Chaff » I like nature.
March 19, 4:57pm

Ray-way Tarp & Net-tent
I just finished reading the Ray-way Tarp book and now I am on my way to making such a tarp and net-tent. I am considering purchasing the tarp kit from Ray but I would prefer a green fabric and ...

In Make Your Own Gear » ray way tarp kit/ tarp book
March 15, 6:28pm

Re: Groovy-Biotic Cooking
I think my question was misunderstood or I misunderstood your answer. In either case, take, for example, the list of ingredients in the Pesto Sauce. Yes, the ingredients are listed, but not the ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
March 06, 12:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick K

Nick K has posted no reviews.