Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 101 - 110 of 5717 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...572

Forum » Thread

Re: blogs
"May I ask which blogs you are using for light weight backpacking." There is a list on my website: www.popupbackpacker.com The majority are UK blogs.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
April 05, 4:21pm

Re: Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
Roleigh, The boss said I had to be home for Easter dinner, so I spent some time out in the garage taking some pictures for you. First, the picture of the bottle you posted looks like it is ta...

In Multiple Use Gear » Want stove that can boil H2O in a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle
April 05, 4:14pm

A different perspective
So those who debate the merits of a Knat over a GigaPower to save an ounce, or argue wind shirt brands to save a few grams, and explore the feasibility of a 12 ounce pack; it seems too few of them ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Iridium GO! First Look
April 02, 5:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminized Cuben Shelters
Thanks, Doug. Backpacking, hiking, biking and camping are all good. Must spend as much time outdoors as possible. Did give up roller blading a couple years ago. The last dislocation of fingers ...

In Gear Deals » Aluminized Cuben Shelters
April 02, 8:16am

Re: Iridium GO! First Look
This unit plus an iPhone 5 weighs over 15 ounces. This assumes nothing to recharge them, no phone case, no cables, no ear buds. The weight is more than any single item in my 3 season kit and for ma...

In Editor's Roundtable » Iridium GO! First Look
April 02, 8:07am

Re: Re: Hey, Greg...
So I was thinking, if I get a dog to go backpacking with me and name him Spot, I would be safe :)

In Philosophy & Technique » SPOT Celebrates 1,000 Rescues in Canada
April 01, 10:33pm

Re: Any websites for trip ideas?
Okay, This is the one I use. edited to fix the hyper texty thingie. Come on BPL give us a short cut button to do this!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Any websites for trip ideas?
April 01, 10:25pm

Hey, Greg...
I'm not being argumentative. Actually I think studying all the calls would be of value.

April 01, 10:20pm

Jack of all trades, master of none...
Well, a shoe cannot be everything to everyone. I usually hike in cross country flats, which generally have crappy traction. The best traction shoe I have ever used are Saucony Peregrine's. N...

In GEAR » minimalist shoes with good traction on wet and dry rocks?
April 01, 10:17pm

Re: Re: Re: SPOT Celebrates 1,000 Rescues in Canada
"I believe SPOT is all private money" Um... I think they contact 911 emergency responders, that would be paid by taxpayers. If they did not contact 911 providers for the button pushers...

April 01, 10:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am