BPL Community Profile

Edward Jursek (nedjursek@gmail.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Edward Jursek has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Edward Jursek

Showing 101 - 110 of 469 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...47

Forum » Thread

HMG mini Windrider
Dave - how much does the HMG hip belt weigh? Are they usually sewn in or can you remove the belt? Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: HMG mini windrider
March 04, 6:17pm

Weight
I would be interested in knowing the weight also. The pack reminds me of my Zimmerbuilt Quickstep with a few more features. The Summit is about 12oz, so I am guessing this pack is about 14oz or so ...

In Gear Swap » FS: HMG mini windrider
March 04, 9:33am

Solo
I hike until dusk. I like to eat on the trail, so when I roll into camp it is all about setting up before dark and not worrying about cooking. Once under my tarp I use an iPhone 5 and do a audio jo...

In Philosophy & Technique » How Do You Occupy Self during Evening/Downtime when Solo?
March 03, 11:16pm

WTB: MLD Prophet
Looking for a MLD Prophet, the more recent dyneema pack, not the older sil or spinnaker models, either in medium or large. Please PM me if you are interested in selling one. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Prophet
March 01, 3:14pm

Gatewood
Glenn - Mine came in at a bit over 11oz and is about 12oz seam sealed, which does not seem out of line from what I have read. I hike in the PNW, so yes, let it rain!

In Gear Lists » New gear list, nothing fancy
February 25, 11:24pm

new gear list
Nick - Are you saying the Gatewood Cape does not provide enough coverage as a tarp? Or that set-up and take down will get you wet? Seems like enough coverage to me, but yeah, in set-up you will get...

February 25, 11:20pm

Gatewood
Provides excellent wind protection. I don't use a bivy, just a ground sheet, that is part of the reason I went with the Gatewood over another poncho like the Golite or MLD. Here is Will'...

February 25, 8:19pm

Poncho
I have spent a few rainy nights under a Golite Poncho and found it to be pretty tight and not much margin for error. Site selection and wind orientation is super important. I have gone with a Gatew...

February 24, 10:55pm

Square footage
Comparing the cuben DuoMid with the SoloMid, you get more floor space and it is taller for an extra 2oz. The extra room is a luxury for me. It would be neat to see them both set-up next to each oth...

In Philosophy & Technique » Square footage and ultralight practice: how much space does one person really need?
February 18, 11:41pm

socks
For hikes of more then three days I will carry three pairs. Two are for hiking and one is dedicated to sleeping only. Nothing beats having a dry pair of socks for sleeping every night no matter the...

In GEAR » How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
February 18, 10:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Edward Jursek

Edward Jursek has posted no reviews.