BPL Community Profile

Edward Jursek (nedjursek@gmail.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Edward Jursek has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Edward Jursek

Showing 101 - 110 of 496 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...50

Forum » Thread

FS Feathered Friends Rock Wren
I hate to let this go, but recently got a cuben quilt I had been stalking for years so this bag is surplus. I would estimate the bag has seen about 40 nights and was always stored uncompressed in a...

In Gear Swap » FS Feathered Friends Rock Wren
April 26, 10:52am

Solo
I moved to Seattle with my wife and had no friends here when we arrived. My wife doesn't hike, so it was go solo or not at all. I started slow, with some easy overnights and progressed to week ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking solo
April 21, 8:14pm

Base camp
I use a Zimmerbuilt Summit Sack. 1.2 oz, doubles as a stuff sack for a large sleeping bag or quilt, $35.

In GEAR » hike to base camp - day/side hike pack suggestion
April 19, 5:48pm

side sleeper
I echo Steve's recommendation of a custom Vireo. I love mine, with 5oz of overfill has proven comfortable down to 18 degrees in my merino sleep cloths alone and weights 22oz. Here is a BPL link...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
April 17, 5:38pm

Zimmerbuilt
Interested in the Exposure Pack. What is the volume? Thanks!

In Gear Swap » Zimmerbuilt frameless packs 21"
April 16, 8:07pm

SUL
I think Ryan touched on my concerns. If we, as a community, reject categories and standards entirely, then others will co-opt them. I have read that Ron Moak is not expecting the BPL community to b...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SMD Flight 30 "SUL"?
April 15, 8:22pm

SUL
I was most interested in the marketing as it relates to SUL definitions. There have been some good threads on definitions, esp. SUL. Seems like the Flight is about carrying more, at that weight, bu...

April 14, 10:39pm

SMD Flight 30 "SUL"?
I was looking at the SMD product page and saw an interesting intersection between weight definitions and marketing, both slippery creatures. SMD, in the product description, said the new Flight 30 ...

April 14, 6:40pm

hydration system
Pretty basic - Sawyer Mini + 1.5L Evenew bladder + generic 2.8L bladder. The 2.8L generic bladder is from Goodwill and cost $1.89. It matches perfectly with the Sawyer. It weights a hair less then ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » What is your hydration system using the Sawyer Mini filter?
April 03, 6:35pm

Rain skirt
Well, as a guy, I am compelled to call mine a "rain kilt." I have one from Zpacks and I use it in the PNW, with caveats. The primary issue is leg coverage, the Zpacks rain kilt covers dow...

In GEAR » Rain skirt?
April 03, 2:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Edward Jursek

Edward Jursek has posted no reviews.