BPL Community Profile

Neil Bender (nebender) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Neil Bender hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Neil Bender has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Neil Bender

Showing 101 - 110 of 126 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks
Salt or gatorade don't really reduce the chance of dehydration more than water. The balance of electrolytes and sugar in gatorade does speed absorption and replaces lost electrolytes and offsets g...

In Philosophy & Technique » Carrying Enough H20
April 27, 4:08pm

Re: Cooking in a tent
I'm guessing cooking in a tent would be a greenhorn's mistake in griz or kodiak bear country. As to risks of fire or asphyxiation, tarps are more forgiving than the cramped vestibules of most tent...

In GEAR » Double Wall Tents Review Summary and Gear Guide Overview
April 13, 11:34am

Re: Button down shirts? Oui? Non?
This used to be my standard hiking shirt. But I weighed my supplex shirts and discovered they weigh 12 ounces. I now use a modified zip-T polyester base layer modded with 14" pit zips (7-8oz), an...

In GEAR » Button down shirts? Oui? Non?
April 07, 12:16pm

Re: It's very simple, really
My video game comment was more oriented toward the decline in the user base for self-propelled wilderness enjoyment than at the video game industry. I don't blame the game inventors for creating c...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wilderness De-Engagement: Soul Decay in the Outdoor Industry
February 01, 4:41pm

Re: Re: A Hierarchy of Needs
I might add something to this conversation, but I am too busy playing the Alone in The Wilds video game.

In Philosophy & Technique » Wilderness De-Engagement: Soul Decay in the Outdoor Industry
January 31, 1:48pm

Re: Re: Hypermaterialism and Ultralight Gear
>> So try the exercise-- can you live from the contents of a one meter cube? << Make it a cubic meter of tightly stacked gold bullion. I think I could retire and live off of that for a while,...

In Chaff » Hypermaterialism and Ultralight Gear
January 23, 5:06pm

Re: conflict of interest: Manufacturing V reviewing
My 2 cents. I don't get too bothered by biases I can identify. Some opinions are more informed than others, and although I appreciate the weight reducing fanaticsim here on this site, I always ba...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » conflict of interest: Manufacturing V review
January 20, 9:30am

Re: Grand Canyon Trip Suggestions
Bob, If you plan on starting on the south rim, going in South Bass and out Boucher or Hermit's trail might fit the bill. The Tonto trail from South Bass to Boucher is one of the lesser used actual...

In Chaff » Grand Canyon Trip Suggestions
January 02, 10:09pm

Re: can spectra be dyed to change pack color?
I think the only part of the gust fabric that is spectra is the white ripstop grid reinforcing thread. I think the bulk of the fabric is nylon. You could probably darken it up with black dye. Pe...

In GEAR » can spectra be dyed to change pack color?
December 12, 5:11pm

Re: vapor barrier
Reflective mylar emergency bags are fragile, so if you plan on wearing or storing your boots in your bag, don't expect them to last more than 2 or 3 mights. Also, they are crinkly and the noise wi...

In GEAR » vapor barrier
November 22, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Neil Bender

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Go Lite Speed
I like this pack but had to modify it to make up some deficiencies. Lack of side comptression straps or lacing makes it sloppy when less than full. The load lifter straps are uselss without a frame,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:24pm