BPL Community Profile

Matthew Zion (mzion) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me Eagle Scout. Navy Veteran.

AT '10; CT yo-yo '11; PCT '12
My PDF Gear ListPCT '12

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Zion

Showing 101 - 110 of 247 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...25

Forum » Thread

Re: Waterproofing
I spoke to Mike about the 'waterproofing' at trail days and he explained that all the seams are taped with the exception of the seams on the back panel. This is where they close up the bag...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Windrider Backpack Review
June 08, 6:55pm

Re: Trimming
I know this could effect your comfort while wearing the shoe but you could also cut the tongue out for a weight loss of perhaps a 100 decigrams!

In GEAR » Putting the NB Minimus Trail on a Diet
June 08, 5:28pm

Re: Windrider
"Even with a slight mod, I got my Windrider within like three weeks. No mod and I would have had it sooner." Similar experience with mine. Went with no hipbelt, sternum strap, and sta...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Windrider Backpack Review
June 08, 10:54am

Re: energy bar
http://www.mealpack.com/ Most calorie dense and nutritious bar I've found. Not as easy to put down as a ClifBar but they have WAY less sugar in them.

In GEAR » Lightest energy bar high in calories and fiber?
June 06, 12:20pm

Re:
xls so yes its a windows file. If you have any office program worth its metal it will open it.

In GEAR » LAUFBURSCHE huckePACK
May 31, 11:06pm

Re: huckePACK
I have his beta for the pack configuration. Might be a little old but I'd be happy to email forward it to you if you'd like.

In GEAR » LAUFBURSCHE huckePACK
May 31, 4:22pm

Re: Windshell
"If its that cold and windy I don't think I'd be overheating then would I?" You'd be surprised. Rain jackets can get pretty toasty even with rain and 40* temps, etc. Rain...

In GEAR » Windshell + rain jacket or just rain jacket?
May 31, 1:48pm

Re: Gatewood
A Mid style tarp of any fashion would probably afford you the opportunity to go w/o a bivy in most circumstances. Flat tarp would probably need to be quite generous with the square footage and som...

In GEAR » Question to Gatewood Cape users...
May 30, 9:14pm

Re: Gatewood
In my experience, yes, you can. Tarp + groundcloth was all I used in Olympic NP and really only had to battle the condensation.

In GEAR » Question to Gatewood Cape users...
May 30, 9:03pm

Re: Windshell
"Unless maybe you're hiking hard and it's blowing like crazy, cold enough to need SOMETHING but not pouring rain" I agree. I prefer a wind shirt to a rain jacket. I don't...

In GEAR » Windshell + rain jacket or just rain jacket?
May 30, 8:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Zion

Matthew Zion has posted no reviews.