BPL Community Profile

Jeff Gerke (mtnrunner) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Utah
About Me Jeff Gerke has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Gerke

Showing 101 - 110 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Re: Dickinson Park TH"
Thanks Mary. I was hoping to explore the Bears Ears Trail but that may not happen if I come in from Big Sandy. I could still take in the Lizard Head Plateau like you said. I'll have to look ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dickinson Park TH
February 17, 12:33pm

Dickinson Park TH
My son and I are planning a trip to the Wind Rivers this summer. We were going to use the Dickinson Park TH. I've read that the road to the TH crosses tribal lands and I need a permit. Does ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dickinson Park TH
February 17, 12:02pm

Documentaries
180 Degrees South looks like a good one. I've added it to my Instant Queue. I own The Runner DVD so have seen it a couple times, very good. I watched the National Geograhpic Appalachian Tr...

In Chaff » Documentaries
February 06, 8:54am

Documentaries
I just signed up for Netflix. Mainly so I can watch documentaries. Watched a couple of National Geographic ones so far. I'm looking for ideas on good documentaries available on Netflix. I f...

In Chaff » Documentaries
February 03, 3:27pm

My Itineraries
You all have been very helpful in my research. The following are the itineraries I have come up with. I'm thinking of putting in for two trips so I can have four itineraries. However I would...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kids backpacking in Glacier NP
January 23, 9:15am

Black Diamond Trekking Poles
I'm getting ready to get my first set of trekking poles. I think I have settled on getting some model of Black Diamond poles. I will be needing adjustable poles for my new SS2 and Black Diamo...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Trekking Poles
January 09, 7:46am

Re: Kids backpacking in Glacier NP
Thanks for all the great info so far! Hopefully I'm lucky in the lottery cause my route choices will be limited with kids.

December 30, 11:01am

Kids backpacking in Glacier NP
The family and I may take a trip to Glacier NP this summer. My oldest son and I backpack together quite a bit but I want to do more with my younger two. My younger two are 8 and 12. I would like...

December 30, 7:29am

Worth every penny
As a newbie to lightweight backpacking this sight has been invaluable to me. In the past 3 months or so I have replaced my pack, shelter and sleeping system. BPL has been my main source of inform...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 20, 8:02am

And the winner is...
I just ordered a TT Stratospire 2. 20oz per person is not bad for a double wall tent. It's cheaper that most the other options I was looking at. Plus I like the idea of being able to use the...

In GEAR » Mostly tarps in the gear lists.
December 19, 3:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Gerke

Jeff Gerke has posted no reviews.