Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Peichel (momo) - BPL Guest

My Locale Eureka
About Me Chris Peichel has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Peichel

Showing 101 - 110 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Fleece
I do think fleece has a place in UL backpacking. For all the reasons stated above. I take one during the fall through spring, when the temps are colder and the weather nastier. I however do ...

In GEAR » Fleece options for wet weather
November 14, 6:48pm

MYOG Tarp & Bivy
Very nice looking setup. Thanks for showing the pics. I would love to see some pics/ details of your quilt too. I am in the process of a myog down quilt, just need the down. Great job

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tarp & Bivy
November 13, 6:42pm

MH wind jacket and balaclava
I'll take the mountain hardware wind jacket and the fleece balaclava. PM sent

In Gear Swap » Lots of Misc stuff
November 13, 8:49am

Recommendation
I recently got a zebralight H51. I have been playing with it at night, my wife already knows I am a little strange. I really like this light. amazing throw and comfortable as a headlight or han...

In GEAR » Flashlight vs. Headlamp for hiking
November 05, 6:56pm

New gear
I just got a Zebralight H51, it is awesome, my quest for the right headlamp might just be over. Looking forward to finishing my down top quilt and trying it out. I am also looking forward to mak...

In GEAR » Which New Gear are You Looking Forward to Trying?
November 01, 9:55pm

Homemade hiking shoes
I am very impressed! Let us know how they work.

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade hiking shoes
October 31, 8:09pm

Down topquilt, my process
Thanks Ken, recognize the sewing machine? Thanks again, great machine. I guess I should have take pics of how I dealt with the baffles. The baffles extend about 3/8" past the seam into the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Down topquilt, my process
October 31, 7:54am

Re: H51
I just received my H51. This light is awesome. I got it because I am tired of having too many different batteries, my gps uses AA's also. I almost got the H31 that uses a cr123 battery, same as...

In GEAR » nighthiking flashlight choices
October 30, 7:21pm

Dan, I cut the baffles with a razor knife. I laid the mesh on a piece of mdf and taped the ends with one piece of tape on each end. I cut a straight line on one edge of the mesh, through the tape...

October 27, 10:35pm

I am posting the method I am using to make my topquilt. I used this method to make my down UQ. Thanks for all the suggestions you have made. When I was posting questions about making a topquilt,...

October 27, 9:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Peichel

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Helios jacket epic fabric
I have the helios jacket with the epic fabric, ff says 15oz (I need to buy a scale). I have had this jacket for almost 2yrs. This jacket fits me great, sizes run a little snug so try on if possible or...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 10, 9:56pm