Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Meiser (mmeiser) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me mostly into ultralight bike touring. Backpackinglight is my inspiration though.

my oft updated photo stream: http://flickr.com/photos/mmeiser2
my sometimes updated blog: http://blog.mmeiser.com/

my pet project as of late: http://www.flickr.com/groups/ultralightbiking/
StateMichigan
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/groups/ultralightbiking/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Meiser

Showing 101 - 110 of 176 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

wood stove + ISO butane combination
It occurs to me that I've overlooked the obvious. Why not use a wood stove with ISO butane? The speed, heat and immediacy of ISO butane stove with the longevity and endless fuel source of...

In Multiple Use Gear » Bushbuddy Ultra & Open Jet Alcohol Stove (versatile system?)
January 26, 8:19am

Re: Ti-Tri
@ Sanad Toukhly (Red_Fox) even though I know how much the Tri Tri Inferno weighs it blows my mind to hear you say it (or read as it were). BTW, the efficiency issue isn't blown completely ou...

In Multiple Use Gear » Bushbuddy Ultra & Open Jet Alcohol Stove (versatile system?)
January 26, 5:49am

ultralight alcohol stoves, the perfect companion for almost any stove
It's obviously not just the bush buddy that makes a perfect companion to the tiny little alcohol stoves. Alcohol makes a great companion to pretty much any wood stove. However, what most ...

January 26, 5:05am

Re: Re: iphone for star gazing
@Miguel D Arboleda (butuki) great list. I can count a few of these I might use including the knot guide, tracks, and potentially trees. Speaking of trees are there any great apps for identify...

In Multiple Use Gear » A case for smartphones on the trail.
January 18, 8:02pm

Re: All Your Apps Are Belong to Us
@Nate Meinzer (Rezniem): First of all thanks for posting, I've learned a great deal about the state of GPS apps for smart phones from this thread. iTopo sounds like a great app. Just b...

January 18, 7:59pm

the intangible costs of hiking with technology
Chad Miller (chadnsc) said: "Camera – 4.1 oz." You're just made me miss my JamCam! My first digital camera I picked it up on a lark for $9 to take on a canoeing trip. Only...

January 18, 7:07pm

New Android GPS Apps!?
So... this post was started with a Smart phone running Microsoft's cell phone OS. However that was almost a year ago. The market has changed a heck of a lot since then. The open source cell ...

January 18, 6:44pm

Re: ...
Jesse Helmick (tacedeous): "and another function i forgot is the stylus is magnetized on one end for some reason, so if i float that on a leaf, I have a compass too..." Isn't t...

January 18, 6:02pm

Re: A case for smartphones on the trail.
First of all, thanks for the post Jesse/tacedeous! Second, I'd never heard of this Garmin XT before. Sounds like it uses the MiniSD slot. I wonder how it compares to some of the excellent GP...

January 18, 5:45pm

How many other biking gram weenies on this forum?
Was suprised to see this post here. I wonder how many other ultralight bike gram weenies are on BPL. I've hesitated to post some of my ultralight goods here for the fear they'd be labeled &...

In Other Activities » Christopher Plesko's record
January 04, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Meiser

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR Dragonfly Multi-fuel
I've had a Dragonfly for going on three years now. It's shortcomings are its weight and it's largish pack size. Most of the time I do use a .25oz supercat or pressurized side jet alc...

In Stoves - White Gas
February 28, 4:04pm

Light My Fire Spork
I love hate this thing. This is to say I loved to use it right up to the point where it snapped in two. I love the design with the spoon at one end and the fork at the other. I find other sporks de...

In Cookware - Other
June 26, 9:49am