BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 101 - 110 of 361 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...37

Forum » Thread

thanks for the replies!!
I immediately ditched the plastic lid and as suggested can invert the cozy to keep things in. The breakdown of the items are as follows; Fosters 2 cup flat bottom pot (ordered from Zelph Stov...

In GEAR » Tried to hit the SUL target for my coockit but fell short, ideas on....
September 21, 12:28am

Tried to hit the SUL target for my coockit but fell short, ideas on....
....a lighter insulator. I have a cut up and re-sowed wine bottle cooler for my Fosters Pot (thanks Dan) insulator so my coffee/tea stays warm for a little longer in cooler temps. I was aimin...

In GEAR » Tried to hit the SUL target for my coockit but fell short, ideas on....
September 20, 4:24pm

Easton Stakes
When I bought my TT Rainbow it came with Easton Alu stakes. They have performed without fault!! They have a large flat top so you can press with your shoes and not get stabbed. They are as light as...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
September 20, 3:24pm

Re: Normal stick deodorant in a minibalm jar
"I just shave chips from a normal white stick deodorant into a minibalm jar and microwave it to melt them down. Smear it into place with a fingertip. Easier than stocking a special backpacking...

In GEAR » FOUND; lightest spray deoderant!!
September 19, 2:27pm

Re: Rocks
"I've noticed that Bpl tends to throw rocks at the mention of deodorant. I carry it, and would like to know your source. Feel free to ignore the stinkers." Sorry for late reply; ...

September 19, 2:25pm

FOUND; lightest spray deoderant!!
Should I put this in the SUL section???? After conversations there I get the feeling those guys don't take deodorant on their trips. Anyway, my wife is NOT helping my OCD of finding 'lig...

September 10, 1:37pm

the frame is really springy
I am not sure what the frame is made of and would not have guessed alu as it is extremely springy. 2 pliers/multi grips in the one location is an option just wanted to make sure it wasn't carbo...

In GEAR » Can Osprey's frame be bent?
September 06, 5:46pm

Soooooo
Anyone????

September 06, 12:30am

Can Osprey's frame be bent?
My mate bought the Osprey Atmos 50 and the external frame is digging into his hip. At full weight it is uncomfortable for him so he decided to bend it out of the way a little. But alas it is a very...

September 05, 6:14am

Re: Above 50 degrees
"WM Megalite with Klymit X-lite ( this is the short version.) I can put the Klymit inside the bag" Hmmmmm, wonder if I can put my Synmat Ul 7 Regular inside my Megalite.......

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 04, 3:56am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am