BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 101 - 110 of 363 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: cozy
@ Kevin - Reflectix is the type of idea I had....something that reflected the heat back into the cup. I thank you very much for your offer but will try other things before hand. Ta muchly :). @ ...

In GEAR » Tried to hit the SUL target for my coockit but fell short, ideas on....
September 21, 2:42pm

Also
Dan also sent me what looks like a 1 cup Alu cookpot, it weighs 14.6g. That is enough for a cup of tea or coffee. It just depends on the amount of water I need to heat up for the dehydrated dinners...

In GEAR » Tried to hit the SUL target for my coockit but fell short, ideas on....
September 21, 12:36am

thanks for the replies!!
I immediately ditched the plastic lid and as suggested can invert the cozy to keep things in. The breakdown of the items are as follows; Fosters 2 cup flat bottom pot (ordered from Zelph Stov...

September 21, 12:28am

Tried to hit the SUL target for my coockit but fell short, ideas on....
....a lighter insulator. I have a cut up and re-sowed wine bottle cooler for my Fosters Pot (thanks Dan) insulator so my coffee/tea stays warm for a little longer in cooler temps. I was aimin...

September 20, 4:24pm

Easton Stakes
When I bought my TT Rainbow it came with Easton Alu stakes. They have performed without fault!! They have a large flat top so you can press with your shoes and not get stabbed. They are as light as...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
September 20, 3:24pm

Re: Normal stick deodorant in a minibalm jar
"I just shave chips from a normal white stick deodorant into a minibalm jar and microwave it to melt them down. Smear it into place with a fingertip. Easier than stocking a special backpacking...

In GEAR » FOUND; lightest spray deoderant!!
September 19, 2:27pm

Re: Rocks
"I've noticed that Bpl tends to throw rocks at the mention of deodorant. I carry it, and would like to know your source. Feel free to ignore the stinkers." Sorry for late reply; ...

September 19, 2:25pm

FOUND; lightest spray deoderant!!
Should I put this in the SUL section???? After conversations there I get the feeling those guys don't take deodorant on their trips. Anyway, my wife is NOT helping my OCD of finding 'lig...

September 10, 1:37pm

the frame is really springy
I am not sure what the frame is made of and would not have guessed alu as it is extremely springy. 2 pliers/multi grips in the one location is an option just wanted to make sure it wasn't carbo...

In GEAR » Can Osprey's frame be bent?
September 06, 5:46pm

Soooooo
Anyone????

In GEAR » Can Osprey's frame be bent?
September 06, 12:30am

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am