BPL Community Profile

mik matra (mikmik) - BPL Guest

My Locale Allways on the move
About Me Took me 5 or 6 trips to go from 20+ kilo baseweight to 6.7kg...finally I feel comfortable out in the country :).
CityBrisvegas
StateQueensland
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by mik matra

Showing 101 - 110 of 266 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...27

Forum » Thread

How is a rolltop closure meant to work on a pack?
I have bought the ULA Circuit and am very happy with the pack but am baffled about how the 'rolltop' closure is meant to operate. If the front pouch at the top is empty then there is no iss...

In GEAR » How is a rolltop closure meant to work on a pack?
July 23, 6:44am

If it rains do you keep going?
We headed off in drizzling rain from the car park to ascent a 1300m peak. We wore non breathable wet weather pants and top and a wrap over the back packs. We were drenched from the inside due...

In GEAR » If it rains do you keep going?
July 23, 6:21am

Thank you but....
I specifically need 'compression' stuff sack. My Western Mountaineering bag came with a stuff sack that takes up too much room and I have noticed that I can compress the bag down further...

In GEAR » Cuben Fibre compression stuff sacks
July 23, 5:00am

Cuben Fibre compression stuff sacks
Does anyone make these? I can't find anything????? Many thanks :) Mik.

In GEAR » Cuben Fibre compression stuff sacks
July 23, 4:27am

Re: Re: responding
so you mean one of those closed cell foam pads that weigh very little and roll up?

In GEAR » Thinking a downfilled jacket question
March 11, 6:57am

responding
I get the notion that the pad is an area to work on. I would like to bring in the point that I mentioned that I have a light reflective material under the sleeping mat (like the emergancy blanke...

March 11, 3:46am

Answering some questions
Yes I keep my head warm, always wear a beanie and am in the sleeping bag with the hood on and drawstring pulled. Only face is open to the cool air. Sleeping in a TarpTent Rainbow so I am out of the...

March 09, 11:40pm

Thinking a downfilled jacket question
Have been camping only a handful times in overnight temps close to zero celcius (32F) and I have always struggled with getting a warm night sleep. I first changed to a down sleeping bag (WM Megalit...

March 09, 7:04pm

reflective stuff
I had a lot of trouble with my body heat leeching to the ground. i noticed a marked improvement in comfort when I added in a reflective layer. I was very sceptical if it was going to work or not bu...

In GEAR » Sleep system help please
March 09, 8:40am

re;marketing
or re-electing a fool (bush)

In GEAR » Light equipment sometimes is really cheap...
January 27, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by mik matra

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Circuit
1. After a few trips I have come to the conclusion that I plainly and simply just don't like the rolltop closure. When the bag is very full it won't even close up properly as there is not enou...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 19, 6:47am