BPL Community Profile

Michael Cheifetz (mike_hefetz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Israel
About Me Michael Cheifetz has not added a biography yet.
CityTA
CountryIsrael

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 101 - 110 of 413 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...42

Forum » Thread

controlling sweat by activity level
@RJ - many people talk about controlling sweat by changing activity level (among other options like taking off layers etc)....how does that fit with daylight and the time you have to hike a given t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Just Say No To Wicking: Non-Traditional Base Layers Based on a Next-to-Skin Fishnet Model
November 15, 6:19am

thanks
10x ...off to iron and will report back :) Mike

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 15, 5:57am

bottom line?
@richard - understood...but at the end of the day what do you recommend for this? 140C? 140F? something else? Thanks Mike

November 14, 3:42am

Stop the presses!
I might be confused but quite a few temps were talked about here... Arcteryx's website says 40C/104F Gore doesnt say a thing (just "high" and temps here eanged btw 140F (@richa...

November 12, 11:54pm

Lineloc 3 holding power issues
lineloc 3 (i assume that is what you meant) are AWESOME - i have them on my trailstar etc... BUT please not that there are variable accounts of their holding power and cord slippage using variou...

In Make Your Own Gear » To D ring or Not to D ring
November 10, 8:15am

how do you know
@Eric how do you know the medium setting on your machine is 150F (btw that seems quite high for a dryer...it would mean the high is too warm to touch...) I do the same thing (washed with techwa...

November 10, 7:54am

temp
@richard - i assume you are asking about the dryer...well i didnt measure it (as i have yet to get my hands on a relevant thermometer) but even on high the garment was not even hot to the touch - a...

November 09, 1:16pm

arrrgh#$%$#%
So i tried the dryer but the temp wasnt even NEAR 140F... In the directions they say dry for 40min...so if I go the ironing route - do I also need to do it for a longish time? or will just norma...

November 09, 11:16am

choices
So what do you guys wear for normal 3 season backpacking as base layer? I thought the BPL merino hoodie was lightweight ...but Richard is saying it is similar in weight to Pata C4 hoodie.... ...

In GEAR » synthetic hoodie??
November 09, 11:05am

cinch hem and pockets
hmmmm - these all seem like great choices. I see the Montane smock isnt on their website yet...but the minimus jacket is 215g so I guess at the end of the day the diff in weight is more due to ...

In GEAR » Montane Minimus SMOCK - 143 grams
November 09, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cheifetz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:49am

MLD XP Quilt 21 0z. Climashield
I have older 2009 XP model (as opposed to the Spirit) with 2.5 Osy Climashield. This would correspond to the 48F model he has. I have the wide model + eVent strip at head and footbox. Carftsmenship...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 20, 8:06am

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
Jeremy above is right in many ways - it is indeed more of a quirky idiosyncratic book that mixes poetry, psychology and anecdotal facts about bivy and the scottish highlands. In that light it could sc...

In Books and Media
January 02, 5:50am