BPL Community Profile

Michael Fogarty (mfog1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Michael Fogarty has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Fogarty

Showing 101 - 110 of 784 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...79

Forum » Thread

Double Rainbow
I'll 2nd the TT Rainbows....like mine, and the option to set freestanding (with 2 trekking poles) is nice too.

In GEAR » shelters with more hight at the head/feet
November 17, 10:25pm

easy............
Here ya go, they make a mitten too, http://www.smartwool.com/mens/cozy-glove-6.html: BTW, fleece will keep your hands warm when wet, you just need to occasionally wring the water from them, ...

In GEAR » Possum Down Gloves — Ethical Alternative?
November 17, 9:29am

Twin Alum. stays
Meh, Twin 7075 alum. stays are still the best way to go. But, instead of plugging them in behind your back, you spread them wider apart, more to the sides of your back. Add load lifter straps direc...

In GEAR » No one wants a 40 liter 15 ounce framed pack right ?
November 12, 8:02pm

Esbit position
You have the keg at its lowest position which is meant for Esbit. You should have received (2) silicone beer bands with the system, (1) is for a lip guard around the top rim, and the other is to se...

In GEAR » Caldera F-Keg Tail
November 06, 6:38pm

Sidewinder
Nice, but I like the the Ti Sidewinder with an Evernew Ti 600 or 900ml UL pot. Everything will nest into the theses pots and you can burn Esbit, alcohol, or even wood. Side note: the (2) Ti stakes ...

In GEAR » Stove of the Week: The Caldera Cone
October 30, 8:37pm

Tapered alum. sleeve
I just made some tapered alum. sleeves for my pole jacks, both for my longer Supermid jack pole and the shorter Duomid pole. Here's the dims./ .500 I.D. at the large end and .420 I.D at the...

In GEAR » Duomid Users: How loose is the supplied 6" pole jack on the end of your trekking pole when pitching?
October 29, 4:27pm

McHale
I'll cast a vote with my McHale Chasm. 41" circumference top to bottom, holds everything you need for a week plus and carries 40lbs like a dream. If you wanted to carry loads at or over 50...

In GEAR » Going back to big packs
October 18, 11:49pm

Simmerlite
I'm sticking with my MSR Simmerlite, I only use it for winter trips, which are getting fewer and far between, so I don't have any need for a stove like the Soto Muka. As for a canister s...

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal -- Review
October 11, 9:48am

Nice
Looks like they made a few nice changes. I like the new Soto Muka, which requires no priming, but will only run on white gas or unleaded gasoline. http://www.youtube.com/user/sotooutdoors#p/u/3/...

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal -- Review
October 10, 11:46pm

Full wrap but...........
I like a full wrap belt, but if the pack is narrow enough (11") or less, and depending on the size of your waist or hips, you can achieve a wrap around affect with side wing belts. One trick t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hipbelt and Suspension
September 28, 11:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Fogarty

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

McHale Chasm
I bought my McHale Chasm pack to be my one and only do-all pack, and I've not been disappointed in the least. First off, the workmanship is second to none. Next and most importantly is the fit. ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 14, 11:39pm

ULA Ohm
As with all of ULA's gear, their workmanship is excellent. Load transfer is good, and I could remove .9L plattys, from the side pockets, without needing to remove the pack. I would have scored th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 14, 8:29pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
I just recently received my Zip pack, delivered as promised, within 8 weeks. First off the workmanship is probably the best I've seen, easily on par with ULA. The Green Sil-nylon is thicker th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 22, 5:32pm