Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael B (mbenvenuto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Vermont
About Me Michael B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael B

Showing 101 - 110 of 207 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

snowshoes in the ADK
Snowshoes or skis are required when there is 8 or more inches of snow in the high peaks. I don't get over there much, but my understanding is that they are required on your feet, even when the...

In Gear Lists » Getting ready to snowshoe in the ADK
November 12, 9:56am

feet warmers
They are not very warm and they don't last that long. If you stick them to the top of your socks they will certainly feel warm when on. The larger ones, the handwarmers or even the bigger one...

In GEAR » Little Hotties Five-Hour Adhesive Toe Warmers
November 11, 9:16am

Deet on clothing
I don't like to put deet on my skin, or on my kids, so I avoid that if at all possible. It works extremely well on clothing though. Spraying a baseball hat and the collar and sleeves of a shi...

In GEAR » Bug Repellent for Synthetic Clothes?
November 05, 6:22am

powerstretch
I think powerstretch is the perfect fleece, and certainly meets your requirements of a more wind resistant fleece that is much more breathable then a softshell. In addition to being super comforta...

In GEAR » Perfect Fleece???
September 18, 6:13am

beyondfleece
if money is not really an issue, and you want the best fitting pants you can get, I would recommend having them custom made at beyondfleece (now beyondclothing.com). The cold fusion pants out of w...

In GEAR » Tall and skinny winter pants?
September 02, 3:08pm

piragis
I assume you are canoeing if you want to carry an ax (or doing trail work). I remembered that Piragis has a selection of very nice looking axes, including this tiny one: http://www.boundarywate...

In GEAR » Ax & Axes
September 02, 8:43am

bushbuddy
I also have room to wiggle. My experience is that it is better to start the fire without the pot support on the stove. For some reason, it seems to burn and start better that way, more oxygen, be...

In GEAR » Defective Bush Buddy Ultra?
August 14, 5:54am

headnet
I try never to put one on, and only use a head net as a last resort. But I do like this one, and it is tiny and light: http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/9 I can't say I have wo...

In GEAR » Best Headnet
August 13, 9:49pm

U2
That Fallkniven U2 is a gorgeous knife. I think I like that better than a BM mini grip on my wish list, if I ever get around to buying a knife just to have a knife. I currently use a SAK one ha...

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
August 13, 9:24pm

Lighten my layers
Right, and I was agreeing with Mike C, and as I read his suggestion, he is letting him carry the Cap2 shirt too. It seems to me that there is no point in carrying a dirty tshirt. That is like car...

In GEAR » Can I lightweight my layers any more?
July 22, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by Michael B

Michael B has posted no reviews.