BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 101 - 110 of 1023 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: "Survey"???
Two mid-height boots I'd have liked included are best-of mid-height boots in the near 1 lb range with rigid soles. Keen Mid-Height Targhee boots Lowa Renegade II GTX Mid Hiking Boots I p...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Mid-Height Trail Shoes State of the Market Report 2011
September 27, 8:45pm

Re: Some thoughts...
Bryce, have you shopped around and decided what would be your full setup for hammock camping? You being so SUL, I'd love to hear a detailed reply. Nice pics!

In Post-Trip Reports » Flowed Lands/Hanging Speak Falls/Mt. Marshall in ADK Western High Peaks
September 27, 8:28pm

Re: RE: lightweight wading sandals or shoes?
I've done the JMT every summer for the last 4 years and I like the Crocs' knock offs as they're totally functional (if you get the firmest/tightest size for your feet), you may need to ...

In Fishing » lightweight wading sandals or shoes?
September 23, 10:12pm

Re: BPL Member Map -- Hey Minnesotans and New Yorkers -- update!
There has to be more people in upstate NY than shown. Plus not a single person from MN (where I used to live). Let's have those two states well represented on the map, eh?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Member Map
September 23, 4:39pm

Re: If you choose the Catskills
If you choose the Catskills to do the get-together, be sure and check this link to see which trails are open (since the devastation wrought by Hurricane Irene): The DEC has set up a special page...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
September 21, 9:50pm

Re: Ipod Nano Battery Charger
http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Charge-iTurbo-Supply-players/dp/B000KT3AS0 Only one battery versus two, lighter. You'll have to confirm it supports your particular Nano model. ps. Wow, th...

In GEAR » Ipod Nano Battery Charger
July 20, 12:51pm

Re: stakes needed for Haven Tarp/Net Inner Tent?
Ron Moak, the maker of the tent, sent me a PM. Message From User Follows: -------------------------------------------------------------- Unless you're using extra guy lines, you only need ...

In GEAR » stakes needed for Haven Tarp/Net Inner Tent?
July 16, 10:21pm

stakes needed for Haven Tarp/Net Inner Tent?
I'm packing for the JMT, leave in one week and am going to take the combo Haven Tarp/Haven Net Inner Tent by SixMoonDesigns. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but based upon feedback fr...

In GEAR » stakes needed for Haven Tarp/Net Inner Tent?
July 16, 6:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Making some progress
Bryce, another option is Tim Marshall (a BPLer)'s Synthetic ultralight quilt bags (Climashield and Cuben Fiber): http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/epiphanyapex.htm

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 13, 10:38pm

Re: Making some progress
Bryce, Kifaru makes a 2 lb synthetic insulated sleeping bag rated for 20F. Interesting that a Vegan can't go with down, as I thought geese were not killed in acquiring the down. So they are? ...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 13, 9:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm