BPL Community Profile

Mark McLauchlin (markmclauchlin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Australia
About Me Avid hiker and light weight gear nut.
CityPerth
StateWestern Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://lightweighthikersblog.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListBPL Gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 101 - 110 of 487 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: STOP YELLING AT US
Do tell.

In Chaff » STOP YELLING AT US
March 02, 5:49am

Re: Guadalupe Mountains National Park "Fast and Light Overnight in West Texas High Country"
Great trip report, love the photos. My superlight bivy turned up this week, so ar I have one night in it and love it, still working on a suitable tarp. Thanks for sharing.

In Photo Gallery » Guadalupe Mountains National Park "Fast and Light Overnight in West Texas High Country"
March 02, 5:43am

Re: Re: BPL member shuttle?
Anyone wants to come out and walk here in Western Australia I would be more than happy to pickup/drop off. No room in the house with all the kids but the back lawn is available, and free

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL member shuttle?
March 02, 5:33am

Re: Looks Great
Looks good, I like your "mini tent" Cheers

In On the Web » LytW8.com
February 27, 10:43pm

Re: Re: Hiker in Need!! can you help?
I have a Ray Jardine MYOG quilt I would be happy donate, only issue (kind of) is that I am in Australia, would be willing to split you on the shipping cost and the quilt is all yours. Cheers Mark

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 19, 2:14am

Re: Pillow
Thanks Dan, good feedback Cheers

In Gear Deals » Kooka Bay sub 1oz pillows BPL exclusive
February 16, 12:47am

Re: KookaBay Light Standard Pillow
How have people found these pillows? I am looking for something post surgery so that I can have a little more support on my neck than usual, which is no pillow at all. Cheers Mark

In Gear Deals » Kooka Bay sub 1oz pillows BPL exclusive
February 16, 12:25am

Re: "Wetfire Stove"
Hi, @ Joe, they perform really bad, you can view my report here http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Stoves/Ultimate%20Survival%20Tech%20%20WetFIRE%20Stove/Test%20Report%20by%20Ma...

In GEAR » Wetfire Stove
February 15, 12:42am

Re: "Wetfire Stove"
In my experience, discussed several times here, the Wetfire cubes are not suitable as a fuel source, as a tinder for fire starting they are good. Cheers

In GEAR » Wetfire Stove
February 14, 10:49pm

Re: Neck Surgey
Thanks Bob, Jay. I think you are right, the time away from work will help me to get my head together, then I will get back to life hopefully with a newed sence of enthusiasm and no pain. Than...

In Chaff » Neck Surgery
February 14, 5:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark McLauchlin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Ray Way quilt one person - standard
I purchased the Ray Quilt after reading several reviews on the internet and felt at the time for the money this was a good choice in my UL attempt. I found the hardest part of the project, like oth...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
March 17, 6:18am