Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Marco A. Sánchez (marcoasn) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The fabulous Pyrenees
About Me Outdoor enthusiast. As Tucas founder.
CitySabiñánigo
StateHuesca
CountrySpain
My Website URLhttp://astucas.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Marco A. Sánchez

Showing 101 - 110 of 122 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

RE: not upsampled
Basically, upsampling an image means increasing its resolution, that is, increasing the number of pixels. The values of the new pixels are calculated (interpolated) from the original pixels.

In Editor's Roundtable » Olympus E-P1 Camera Review
November 27, 6:59am

RE: Glasses
When I go to sleep I put my glasses inside my shoes. I find this solution simple and effective, because the glasses are always stored in the same place: when sleeping inside a tent, under a tarp or...

In GEAR » A lightweight case for my glasses?
November 13, 3:03am

Re: UV LED based water purifier
Hi Rick, Thanks for the comment on mUV, you’re right. Besides its effectiveness, for me the biggest advantage of UV technology is its immediacy. Although the device is quite heavier than ch...

In GEAR » UV LED based water purifier
November 12, 4:45am

UV LED based water purifier
I am considering purchasing an UV water purifier like the SteriPEN Adventurer. However, as already discussed many times, a LED device would be very advantageous. Does anyone have any informat...

In GEAR » UV LED based water purifier
November 11, 8:39am

Re: Tent/Tarp Loop Strength???
In addition, stronger (i.e. thicker) guyline cords are more abrasion resistant, which is important if you use rocks or sticks as anchors.

In GEAR » Tent/Tarp Loop Strength???
October 23, 4:08am

Re: Ultralight Outdoor Gear in the UK
Hi Chris! I agree: excellent customer service, fast delivery, and good product catalog. Even with shipping costs, buying British brand is good business. PS: I live in Spain.

In GEAR » Ultralight Outdoor Gear in the UK
October 20, 10:26am

Pad inside or outside
Using a pad inside a quilt is thermally less efficient since you have more dead air space. The main advantage of this setup is that it offers more freedom to toss and turn.

In GEAR » Nunatak
October 01, 2:52am

Re: Utility of compass on Suunto watch
I also find the digital compass function virtually useless by the interference / tilt problems. Moreover, these watches are too bulky, so wearing them in your wrist is a mess (imho). I ended up ...

In GEAR » Utility of compass on Suunto watch
September 29, 2:36am

Re: My first sewing machine
Thank you everyone for the suggestions and advice. Very helpful stuff. I hope to soon have the sewing machine to start a simple project!

In Make Your Own Gear » My first sewing machine
September 28, 10:26am

Re: My first sewing machine
Thanks Mark for the suggestions. As you points out, my idea is to begin with a sewing machine as simple (and cheap) as possible.

In Make Your Own Gear » My first sewing machine
September 25, 6:46am

All Reader Reviews by Marco A. Sánchez

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Leki Ultralight Ti
At 213 g / 7,5 oz per pole (measured, without trekking basket), the Leki Ultralite Ti are a reasonably lightweight choice when you need adjustable poles that can handle real abuse in the backcountry. ...

In Trekking Poles
September 16, 9:59am

Black Diamond Raven Ultra Ice Axe
Let’s face it: for non technical routes a light axe and a trekking pole usually are the best combination. However, aluminum headed axes deform with even light use, so if you expect some REAL use of th...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
September 15, 5:27am