BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale 40°N,-105°W-ish
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 101 - 110 of 787 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...79

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Expensive?
Hilleberg are a small company whose only product line is their shelters. Sales volumes are small by outdoor gear manufacturer standards. Although many of their materials are now sourced and po...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 31, 10:25am

Choice of Hillie
Hillies don't look inexpensive. Would you be leaving it pitched at the campsite during the day, or taking it with you? It would absolutely suck to come back one evening to find your home gone...

In GEAR » The Hilleberg House Project
May 30, 11:18pm

Anjan 3GT
I swear my first apartment was smaller than that. It's hard to believe the Soulo is the same weight as this. From the initial complaints about the Anjan, Hilleberg seem to have made some impro...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
May 30, 4:51pm

2P option
Consider the Stratospire 2 for 3 season trips. Its vertical inner walls and offset trekking pole design give lots of space inside, it sheds wind well, and the two vestibules are huge. Each of you...

In GEAR » Need to choose 2 tents for different circumstances. Please lend me a hand?
May 29, 9:10pm

Fabric vs technique
Have you read this article - http://40yearsofwalking.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/the-bivy-condensation-conundrum/ ? "I have scoured the internet and there is no miracle fabric, all bivies ha...

In GEAR » Any Reveiws On The Ti Goat Ptarmigan Bivy?
May 20, 8:30am

Hill, mountain, whatever
Are you sure you're not the Earl of Lonsdale, "Stephen"? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/lakedistrictandcumbria/10821646/A-mountain-to-climb-to-buy-Blencat...

In Gear Swap » F.S. hill
May 18, 7:30pm

Re: SuperMid vs SS2
Derek, I'm on my way home from a work trip so I'll check my photo library tonight. All I have on my phone is the duo inner pitched alone, and I think you already have a sense of its size. ...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 14, 7:42pm

SuperMid vs SS2
Derek, I switched from the SS2 to the SuperMid last year for family use - two adults, a 6 year old active rotisserie sleeping son, and a 70lb dog. The SS2 was a cracking 2P shelter and can be exten...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for a lightweight shelter with extra large vestibule?
May 13, 6:43pm

Re: Re: F.S. Borah Gear Down Pants (Large)
1.5oz overfill in addition to the 3oz standard 850 down, with a total weight of 7.4oz? That's warmer than my WM Flight pants at about 60% of their weight. Very nice, Stephen.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Borah Gear Down Pants (Large)
May 13, 8:15am

Re: Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Soul Bivy Review
This is the kind of review that keeps me renewing my membership each summer. I appreciate you taking the time to test the bivy in varied conditions, and sharing your impressions on standard sizing,...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Soul Bivy Review
May 07, 11:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am