Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 101 - 110 of 1924 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...193

Forum » Thread

at spring break
Between 50 thru hikers per day starting, and other section hikers, and spring breakers, expect to have around 100 people per day starting trail. Shelters will overflow, campsites will overflow, ...

In Gear Lists » Spring break hike GA AT
January 22, 7:44pm

quilts
I have several bags and several quilts. I prefer the quilts. An inquiring person might ask why i still have bags? I ask myself that too sometimes. Bags get smellier too. A wide quil...

In GEAR » Going from a Bag to a Quilt
January 21, 7:48pm

bearikade tool
Penny. And a spare one in my FAK. Drill small hole near top edge and put on a loop of cord to keep from losing if necessary.

In Multiple Use Gear » WHAT IS YOUR BEST MULTI USE TOOL FOR OPENING WILD IDEAS BEAR CANISTER
January 06, 9:04pm

ursack
What would concern me most, is not if a new ursack can withstand 1hr of bear play. But can it withstand the amount it may receive over the course of its life. My guess, is no. Wear will be...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
January 05, 9:25pm

yosemit bag temp
Aug 1 or Aug 30? 6500 ft elev. or 11,000 ft elev. ? In the valley, you will likely sweat with anything lower than a 40F-50F rated. Yosemite ranges from 2000 ft to 13000 ft elev.

In GEAR » Yosemite bag temp for August 20f or 30f?
January 04, 9:01pm

Philmont list
Your not bringing an alcohol stove or esbit to philmont You will have crew cooking gear, not personal You dont need personal water filtration. Use the Micropur tabs they issue everyone You dont ...

In Gear Lists » Philmont list
December 31, 5:43pm

water
Bears need water, just like food, even moreso. In a very dry environment i can see them starting to associate humans with that as well if they have access to it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Interesting bear can policy for Big Bend National Park
December 31, 9:52am

bear can policy Big Bend
considering lack of trees to hang from, or tie an ursack too, what they have written are the only sensible possibilities. the only other thing is to leave food unnattended.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Interesting bear can policy for Big Bend National Park
December 31, 8:06am

condensation in neoair
Unless you camp at temps > 98.6F, condensation can happen every time you blow it up. The air from your lungs is warm, and essentialy saturated with moisture.Possibly not saturated when taking...

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
December 31, 8:01am

drying out neoair
due to the horizontal baffles, to remove condensate, I would think it be best to prop up at an inclined angle sideways so they can drain, then drain to the valve. However, I expect that does ver...

In GEAR » Best way to inflate neoair xlite
December 30, 9:52am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm