BPL Community Profile

Justin Ling (ling_jd) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale columbus ohio
About Me i'm fairly new to backpacking and i'm very enthusiastic about the ultra/superultralight challenge. i'm venturing into the world of MYOG, but i've been sewing for a few years now.
Citycolumbus
Stateohio
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListWinter gear list 1.4.08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Ling

Showing 101 - 110 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks for posting this
I got it in small, and it weights 20.5 ounces. I'm not planning to backpack with it. I've been looking for a nice slim-fitting rain shell, and this fits the bill. It's about as slim as ...

In Gear Deals » eVENT jacket 66 degrees north
September 26, 6:31am

eVENT jacket eVEN cheaper
so this jacket is now cheaper than what I purchased it for on SAC, and with free shipping. $78 for eVENT. Great price for giving event a try. http://www.backcountry.com/store/SNI0092/66-North-I...

September 25, 1:19pm

eVENT jacket 66 degrees north
For the fashion-conscious among us: I scored one of these on steep and cheap for $81 (pre-shipping). They're not up on the site currently, but if anyone wants to score a more fashionable aro...

September 04, 9:11pm

budget-wise
If you've got $2000 to work with, you can pretty much come out with any bike you please. If you're smart about buying it, you can buy a cheap bike with the components you want, and sell the...

In Other Activities » The Bike Bug: Bitten!
August 29, 9:44pm

Re: The Bike Bug: Bitten!
Gotta love Road bikes! my bite is swelling exceptionally big at the moment! 1. I wouldn't put a seat post rack on a carbon seat post. Carbon fiber is getting better and better, but it&#...

In Other Activities » The Bike Bug: Bitten!
August 29, 1:42pm

Re: Typos
haha. I purchased a tool kit with a spin doctor chain tool in it from performance. I think it's made at the same factory! It bent after one use. Total trash. Thanks for that post! I'm i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultalight Bicycle Panniers
August 28, 2:02pm

There's that velcro again! ;)
I'm getting the Tubus Fly rear rack. It's steel and it weighs 11.5 oz. Not bad, eh? Do you think I could get away with something lighter than the oxford cloth? If you were to make anoth...

August 27, 10:34pm

Ultalight Bicycle Panniers
Lately I've been staying up at night thinking about making ultralight bicycle panniers. Has anyone made any panniers on par with the SUL packs a lot of us are strapping to our backs? There aren...

August 27, 3:37pm

Re: compass/alt/baro $29.95 free ship
Brett, This is a really cool website. I'm seeing several things that might work for backpacking. Have you purchased anything else from them? Why the cree lights? I'm pretty sure I'm...

In Gear Deals » Suunto-like compass/alt/baro $29.95 free ship
August 24, 12:31pm

Re: Re: Summer quilt ideas?
Thanks Neil. That helps a lot. I didn't think about the fraying of the nylon baffles trapping down. A thought on weight savings; how will a sew through compare to a baffle design of simila...

In Make Your Own Gear » variable girth baffles
August 24, 12:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Ling

Justin Ling has posted no reviews.