BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 101 - 110 of 7903 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...791

Forum » Thread

Re: Help with making Whoopie slings
YouTube has some great tutorials.

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with making Whoopie slings
July 07, 7:03pm

Re: Location in Bay Area
So Aaron, are you going to step up and host a GGG at Big Basin? I've never been.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
July 07, 5:04pm

Well if the location was Humboldt Bay we could rent the entire grove campground at Pamplin Grove off Hwy 36. Even comes with a cookhouse, pit bbq, facilities, and the Van Duzen River. Even has a li...

July 07, 3:42pm

Re: Desert locale GGG
Plenty of room out there certainly. A real long haul from the Bay Area. From NorCal, like me, too far. GGG at Alabama Hills in October perhaps?

July 07, 2:48pm

1) No. At least not for me. 2) Depends on how large a group the host wants to deal with. My question is. What do people think of car camping campgrounds for an event like this?

July 07, 2:45pm

David. We outgrew Point Reyes. They won't let us have two group spots. We outgrew the capacity there thee second year. You can't pack wood into camps anymore either. Charcoal. Drift wood...

July 07, 1:20pm

I checked our and rejected Cache Creek a couple of years ago. Too much Star Thistle. Ground is like concrete and cat holes would be an issue. Danny, ever been to Briones?

July 07, 1:09pm

Re: Toaks
Grams matter to those with disposable income? But for that additional $40 you get a few fuel tablets and a mini bic. I know which one I would choose. Here is the link to the LiteTrail one ...

In GEAR » Litetrail cookset comparison. Help please?
July 07, 8:57am

Help Wanted: Bay Area GGG Host
I am embarrassed and upset with the way things went with Dan's stuff. Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions. I know to never say never. But I would like to be a guest once in a wh...

July 07, 7:36am

Re: Litetrail cookset comparison. Help please?
The LiteTrail one uses a lighter pot. Other than that they are the same. Can buy that set direct from Toaks. http://toaksoutdoor.com/titaniumcs01.aspx

In GEAR » Litetrail cookset comparison. Help please?
July 07, 7:25am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am