Kent C. (kent) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale High Sierra
About Me Old days: about 50 lbs.
New, UL days: 11.3 lbs.
UL is keeping me in the mountains!
CityRoseville
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kent C.

Showing 101 - 110 of 142 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

parts
Tony, This is the specific info I've been trying to hunt down. Thanks! Are these "specialty" parts that you couldn't find at a local retail store? I ask for several re...

In GEAR » Gravity filter pre-filter effectivness
May 26, 10:38pm

Parts for your gravity filter
Chris, in this thread, http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=20561&skip_to_post=164912#164912 it was mentioned that all pa...

In GEAR » Gravity filter pre-filter effectivness
May 26, 4:36am

Do electrolytes "survive" chlorine & char. filters?
>> "anything else in your electrolytes?" Looking at the label of CamelBak's "Elixir", it's mostly sodium and potassium compounds. I don't see anything that...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Do electrolytes "survive" chlorine & char. filters?
May 26, 2:11am

Do electrolytes "survive" chlorine & char. filters?
In the past I've used a pump filter and then added electrolyte tabs (Nuun and Camelback) to water...easy. Now I'm switching to chlorine drops with a Frontier Pro filter. Have searched...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Do electrolytes "survive" chlorine & char. filters?
May 25, 4:27pm

Chems...hate 'em or weigh 'em
Well now there's the rub, huh? You'll have to decide which is most important for you... Either use chem. for the little nasties or use a heavy filter. If you choose to go with Chlo...

In GEAR » Chems, pumps, and pens
May 24, 4:09pm

elec. collars & Rattlesnake avoidance
Michael, I have had a dog and used an elec. collar for many years. You will find that normal, professional trainers use an adjustable transmitter and will set it to vibrate or the lowest possib...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rattlesnake avoidance classes for dogs
May 23, 9:22pm

Detachable pocket
What about Joe at Zpacks? Maybe try a variation on a stuff sack? (add a couple attachment points?) I have no personal experience but everything I've ever read has been very positive. He ...

In GEAR » Detachable side pockets for pack?
May 15, 9:47pm

really need both chem. and filter?
Barbara, In a nut shell: the chem treatment and the filter compliment each other. You need the filter because the chem. only kills bacteria & viruses if given ~20 min. (chem. can kill th...

In GEAR » water treatment
May 05, 2:01am

forgot all these great ideas...aagh!
Now that these helpful (and especially effective) tips are here, bookmark the page so that you can come directly here for a refresher if you ever forget anything! or not...just a thought!

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Searching?
May 03, 6:15pm

No, too many pots in the way!
Jay, If you'd just move the pots out of the way you'd see that there's PLENTY of room for more stoves in the picture!!! Focus looks fine, not a blurry stove in the lot! :-)

In Photo Gallery » Too many stove options-I need to focus.
May 02, 7:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Kent C.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
In Nov. 2008 I first ordered from GG. Delivery guy tried to be helpful and put package over our fence & out of sight; he didn't notice we have dogs. They welcomed the box and had a taste. A...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 20, 4:58am