BPL Community Profile

Jan S (karl-ton) - BPL Guest

My Locale Jan S hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jan S has not added a biography yet.
CountryGermany

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jan S

Showing 101 - 110 of 124 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Opinel No 7
Have used it for years and it's awesome. Not up to forest stuff though if you want to prepare fires. But a great knife if you want to actually cook (as in chop vegetables, meat, put butter on b...

In GEAR » Knives
March 11, 8:40am

Frogg Toggs
For a trip in summer to Corsica I decided that I can ditch my Gore ProShell rainjacket and use something lighter. From what I've seen Frogg Toggs are about the lightest and cheapest option avai...

In GEAR » Frogg Toggs
March 11, 8:32am

Re: Re: Re: responding
Yup. Or a TAR ZLite (http://cascadedesigns.com/en/therm-a-rest/mattresses/fast-and-light/z-lite/product). I really like those especially in winter. I use a shortened one and they attach well to a b...

In GEAR » Thinking a downfilled jacket question
March 11, 7:15am

Re: responding
AFAIK it also conducts heat very well. That is the same mechanism that you can see if you put a pot filled with hot water on snow or cold floor. While the pot may reflect some heat inside, it will ...

March 11, 6:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Exped Downmat UL 7 -> NeoAir XLite / XTherm
Without knowing anything about you or your girlfriend I'd expect you'd both be warm in summer and late spring/early autumn, if you use the Summerlite and the Synmat and she uses the Versali...

In GEAR » Exped Downmat UL 7 -> NeoAir XLite / XTherm
March 10, 9:27pm

Re: Exped Downmat UL 7 -> NeoAir XLite / XTherm
I have a XTherm and like it a lot. I sleep on the side and moved about before falling asleep. I don't actually remember hearing noise after the first night. I think the sound went away. Or I ju...

In GEAR » Exped Downmat UL 7 -> NeoAir XLite / XTherm
March 10, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Gear list for La Boheme
"I'd just go with the Synmat UL." Going to the opera does involve a bit of showing of too. And a Synmat is a bit like using a compact car. Using a Downmat mat on the other hand is ...

In GEAR » Help me find the right gear!!
March 10, 11:38am

Re: Re: Re: nope
Yes, finally something that lists options. Now I only have to find a shop in Germany or Europe. But at least I know now what to look for. Thanks!

In GEAR » light weight running shorts and shirt
March 09, 9:33pm

Re: nope
"No one seems to carry the old thin, split up the side shorts of yesteryear locally anymore." Yeah, seems it was yesterday that I laughed at people for wearing the leftovers from the s...

In GEAR » light weight running shorts and shirt
March 09, 9:01pm

Where does it come from?
I've spend some miserable nights outside mainly due to wrong sleeping pads. Trouble with them is that you can have as much sleeping bag as you want it won't get better, because you compress...

March 09, 8:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Jan S

Jan S has posted no reviews.