BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 101 - 110 of 3058 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...306

Forum » Thread

Re: What is a "mid" shelter?
pyramid... how did I not know this? Thanks for the replies!

In GEAR » What is a "mid" shelter?
September 28, 7:37pm

iodine expense
A bottle of iodine costs about $7 around here and treats about 6 gallons of water. On a multi-day trip you could go through a bottle in 3 or 4 days. After treating 18 gallons of water I could hav...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 28, 7:36pm

Re: liquid iodine?
I brought this up because I've seen references on survival shows or youtube about using a liquid iodine dropper for water treatment. All I can find are iodine bottles on amazon marketed as a di...

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 27, 10:38pm

What is a "mid" shelter?
I've seen numerous references to "mid" shelters. I know what a solomid and a duomid is, but what exactly is a "mid" shelter? What makes a shelter a "mid". I'...

In GEAR » What is a "mid" shelter?
September 27, 10:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Iceland Lake - September 2014
Not a stew or soup. Just frying them up for lunch. I'm liking the meals I can plan out with my frying pan better than those I can plan with a pot.

In Post-Trip Reports » Iceland Lake - September 2014
September 27, 6:08pm

liquid iodine?
Has anyone here used liquid iodine to treat water? Is it more cost/weight efficient that way? Those little tablets can add up in cost over time.

In GEAR » liquid iodine?
September 26, 11:41pm

Re: Poison oak, ticks, and rattlesnakes
Along the streams you have large redwood trees which crowd out sunlight and really reduce the amount of poison oak. There is still some poison oak, but it's easily noticed and avoided. When ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Cherry Creek Canyon, and off-trail explorations in general within reach of the SF Bay Area
September 26, 8:01pm

Re: Re: price is SOLD
"another reason to get rid of gear swap." Are you serious!? The gear swap on here is very active and useful. It saves me from buying retail and contributing to waste. Why would you ...

In Gear Swap » price is SOLD
September 26, 1:24am

mac and cheese
mac and cheese always seems gross on the trail. i've made more than a few meals that I had to dispose of because I literally couldn't get them down.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The trail food you just can't stand.
September 26, 12:24am

Re: Re: Iceland Lake - September 2014
Andrew, I still don't really know anything about fly fishing but I seem to have the cast down. I need to research the different types of flies and how to use them. The flies I used all sank int...

In Post-Trip Reports » Iceland Lake - September 2014
September 25, 12:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am