BPL Community Profile

j lan (justaddfuel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CityMN
StateMN
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by j lan

Showing 101 - 110 of 550 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Replacing belt buckle without sewing
Something like this? http://www.vargooutdoors.com/1-FIELD-REPAIR-TENSION-LOCK-2523

In GEAR » Replacing belt buckle without sewing
July 05, 10:13am

Re: temperature above which you wouldn't hike in merino
At a certain point, nothing beats the feel of cotton on a hot day. Wether that is a t-shirt or a button up of some sort. Merino and synthetic end up feeling like clammy hot greenhouses.

In GEAR » temperature above which you wouldn't hike in merino
July 05, 10:08am

Re: Making pesto
Excellent David! My favorite pesto is made with stinging nettles and no one really cares how many of those you pick! Blanch them in boiling water to get rid of any sting. You can even drink the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » carrying pesto
July 03, 12:28pm

Re: dehydrate with cheese?
I would bring a block of hard cheddar and slice it on top, should last at least a week.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My 2 cents on dehydrated chili
July 02, 10:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Saddened by the Wildfires
I love hiking through burn areas, so many beautiful flowers, gnarled burnt trunks, less bugs, different habitat. Everything is a gift.

In Chaff » Saddened by the Wildfires
June 28, 2:17pm

Re: Pyramid Questions
9x9 is fine for 3 hikers. More enjoyable if you attach the top to an overhanging branch or crossline. But I have slept mant nights in a 9x9 with 3 people no problem.

In GEAR » Pyramid Questions
June 21, 10:26pm

Re: Man survives night in E. Utah’s cold high desert under sand
"filter drinking water through his pants" Sounds like bear gylls syndrome! What a weird story.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man survives night in E. Utah’s cold high desert under sand
June 21, 11:43am

Re: Trail Magic definition... diluted?
Try the Pacific Northwest Trail, I can guarantee next to zero "trail magic" http://samh.net/backpacking/?do=showproduct&id=114 I think the trail names and trail magic is all a litt...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 21, 10:52am

Re: smallest pot you would consider for one person?
Snowpeak bowl @ 20oz capacity.

In GEAR » smallest pot you would consider for one person?
June 20, 11:50am

Re: searching for a light alcohol stove
Yes, the inferno only makes the wood burning more efficient. You can burn wood in the ti-tri with the floor no problem.

In GEAR » searching for a light alcohol stove
June 14, 8:49am

All Reader Reviews by j lan

j lan has posted no reviews.