BPL Community Profile

Justin Chaussee (judach) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Earth
About Me I'd rather be fishing...
CitySuck-ramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Chaussee

Showing 101 - 110 of 187 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Big guy sleeping bag advice.
Ok, so I'm a big guy at 6'3 and built like a refrigerator. I have two sleeping bags, one of which is a big agnes lost ranger with the air core pad which I use for colder weather and the ot...

In GEAR » Big guy sleeping bag advice.
September 26, 10:45am

Re: Photo sharing.
That looks pretty cool and simple, Jack. Is there a way to "click" on the thumbnail pics to view them full size?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » facebook
September 26, 9:48am

using a dehydrator
having never used a dehydrator (or oven) before to dehydrate my own food, how do you know how much water to add to rehydrate a meal? I'm assuming one would weigh the food before and after dehy...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » using a dehydrator
September 26, 8:34am

Re: Steak!
I recently went camping with my brother in law. He employed this technique for steak and it came out very good. He had the steak marinating in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salsa....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Steak!
September 26, 8:25am

Re: Re: Thai Curry
It looks like rice that has been cooked and dehydrated. Uncle Ben's sells it in just about every supermarket I can think of along with other companies. It's pretty common. Usually boil w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thai Curry
September 26, 8:08am

Re: sharing photos
I'll check out flickr. I dont really want to "blog", just have a place where I can park my pictures and family/friends can look at them. Thanks for the suggestions!

September 25, 10:22pm

Re: facebook
Exactly. I don't really care what anyone is doing at the very moment they are doing it unless they are summiting Mt. Everest or something. I need some smart computer person to design a facebo...

September 25, 9:59pm

facebook
Was wondering what sites other people use to share photos and whatnot. I got a facebook account so I could easily share photos and stuff with my family and friends, but I'm getting mad at face...

September 25, 9:47pm

dense!
man. I'm having flashbacks of the original powerbar... remember malt-nut? Yuk! I guess when you need the calories though. You probably burn more calories trying to chew the darn thing thou...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Emergency Rations suggestions
September 25, 6:05pm

Thai curry
I LOVE thai curry!! Especially panang and red curry and I like them SUPER hot! This recipe looks fantastic and I'm going to try this at home. Thanks!!! :-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thai Curry
September 25, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Chaussee

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GSI Dualist
This is a very cool system. It's not titanium, but it's still very light for what you get. Also, the price is right at around 30-40 bucks. There are two models, the dualist and the soloist....

In Cookware - Other
June 27, 3:50pm

Big Agnes Lost Ranger
I am a big guy (6'3, 330 lbs). My goal was to find a bag that would keep me warm but had enough room that I didn't feel like a sausage in a casing... This bag is great! I bought the long ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 23, 3:06pm

MSR Pocket Rocket
I've used the pocket rocket for a few years now. I rated it a 4 for the following reasons: Pro: -lightweight -easy to use/light -boils water fast in calm weather -small size fits easily in...

In Stoves - Canister
June 23, 2:26pm

GoLite Jam2
I bought this pack a few months ago after using a Kelty redwing 3100 for years. Not to discredit the Kelty since it is a very reliable and DURABLE pack, but I do not see myself using anything else ot...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 26, 8:35am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
First off, let me say that there is NOTHING light about either one of these packs. They are not super heavy for what they are (A large daypack and an expedition/extended trip pack) but they do not fa...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 18, 11:54am

Campmor .com
The reason I went with a 5 rating for Campmor had to do with their selection of merchandise and their prices. Whenever I'm in the market for a piece of gear, I always look at campmor first. 90% ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 18, 11:30am