BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 101 - 110 of 746 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re: SUL Wt Goals
George, Your post was over whelming, I really appreciate your words. Thanks for taking the time to write them. One thing I do find interesting when I look back at that 5lb trip was that I did no...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Wt Goals
August 09, 5:07am

Re: Sizing of GG Virga?
Landis, Generally speaking you are better sizing up for a pack. At over 6' I would think a Long would work fine, maybe some taller folks could chime in. The Virga is a great pack for new Ultra ...

In GEAR » Sizing of GG Virga?
August 09, 4:50am

Re: Re: I'm so confused re: daily calorie requirements
Curtis, I'm with Chris 2 lbs/food/day if it is 125 cal/oz will be plenty. I never eat more than 1.25 lbs/day traveling 20-25 miles. Granted I tend to take shorter trips because of work/family b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I'm so confused re: daily calorie requirements
August 07, 9:18am

Re: Fav
Dan, You do have me thinking. I have a SP 450 and a tibetan 700 that would work for the ULC cone. I've been after less items these days which is way I have been avoiding the extra stakes, etc n...

In GEAR » What's your favorite cooking setup for one?
August 05, 9:32pm

Re: What's your favorite cooking setup for one?
I guess I have 3 setups that I will go back and forth on...technically I have a good number more, but that begins sounds like a problem...so lets just call it 3. -caldera cone with 550 ti pot (o...

In GEAR » What's your favorite cooking setup for one?
August 05, 7:54pm

Re: Going dotty
I have been using dehydrated tooth paste dots for the last 2 years nows. I bring a tiny craft zip lock (~1" x ~3") with 6-8 tooth paste dots, a piece of floss for each day and the entire ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tooth Paste Dots: which toothpaste
August 05, 7:29pm

Re: 1/4 dome
Daryl, I think it depends on how you define worth. In many instances it is hard to make items for much lower than can be manufactured in China especially if you count the time. Look for value elsew...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG worth it?
August 05, 4:11pm

Re: 2012 Granite Gear Crown 60
David, This is exciting. It has me wondering if we will see a replacement for the Virga. I have been praying that Granite Gear will not the Virga out to pasture like so many of Golite's items. ...

In GEAR » 2012 Granite Gear Crown 60
August 05, 3:57pm

re: SUL Wt Goals
Chris, Thanks for providing reference to the 24 hour gear list. My work on it was one of the reasons I was excited to add to this thread, specifically the "target" portion. I intentionall...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Wt Goals
August 05, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Free windshirt/jacket Pattern
Piper, That pattern looks really cool. I have another thing on my todo list. Thanks for posting it. Jamie

In Make Your Own Gear » Free windshirt/jacket Pattern
August 05, 4:35am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.