BPL Community Profile

Jonathan Shefftz (jshefftz1) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Mass.
About Me Jonathan Shefftz has not added a biography yet.
CityAmherst
StateMA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.JShefftzConsulting.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jonathan Shefftz

Showing 101 - 110 of 184 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

More Details, and Pictures
Material, comparable to my various other lightweight insulation. So obviously not a bushwhacking outer layer! But seems like it will keep the down in, the wind out, and be reasonably durable for ...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Mojave Down Jacket
October 09, 3:44pm

Quickie Review
My size Small just arrived – I will not have a chance to wear it in truly cold weather for awhile, but sure seems like the perfect jacket! Weight is 14.1 ounces, with proportions that match up...

In GEAR » Brooks-Range Mojave Down Jacket
October 09, 1:53pm

And more kudos...
This is probably bouncing the rubble (as the saying goes), but if anyone needs yet another confirmation for the outstanding customer service and workmanship of Borah Gear, well, here it is! (If ...

In Gear Deals » They're back! Ultralight Bivys
October 01, 8:08am

Freestanding Double-Wall Tent for 2 (sort of...) People?
I suspect the answers are going to be: -- They're all pretty similar in the barely-over-two-pound weight category. -- Why am I not considering a non-freestanding design? (Okay, that's a ...

In GEAR » Freestanding Double-Wall Tent for 2 (sort of...) People?
May 17, 10:42am

Dynafit packs
I always used to favor very basic climbing-oriented packs for skiing, but the Dynafit packs changed my mind: http://www.wildsnow.com/3828/dynafit-backpack-review/

In Winter Hiking » Ski Mountaineering Packs?
March 28, 9:39am

Cross appeal of rando gear
Nice to see a specialized CAMP product reviewed here for its potential “cross” appeal. (Although for those posters who want to see if modified to appeal more to non-racers, I doubt that will h...

In Editor's Roundtable » CAMP Flash Anorak Review
February 17, 10:54am

The advantage of the overboot setup is . . .
. . . pretty much none. If I'm understanding his setup correctly, the cost of overboots and related custom hardware will save a very small amount of money over some used xc classic race boots ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
January 17, 3:10pm

Agreed, fun is not quantifiable...
... but my point is that cross country skiing with overboots screwed into skis (as opposed to using cross country ski boots and bindings) entails both a lack of any striding pivot and a significant...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
January 17, 2:29pm

reinventing the wheel ... but worse
"I am really digging McCarthy's setup." -- What aspect of it? I ran the numbers for his overboots and hardware as compared to xc classic race boots and bindings, and in return for t...

January 17, 7:43am

Open your mind to the post Steve Barnett era...
I long ago opened my mind to nordic backcountry touring gear. I even still own such gear. But then I opened my mind to ultralight rando racing gear. (Well, first it had to come into existence, t...

December 28, 7:09am

All Reader Reviews by Jonathan Shefftz

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Spraymaster
I bought this in part motivated by a glowing review in Backpacker magazine, plus this review from Outside: http://outside.away.com/outside/gear/gear.tcl?gear=Patagonia-Spraymaster&gear_id=2461&am...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 31, 6:49pm

Wild Things Epic Wind Shirt
Note: this is for the non-hooded partial-zip pullover model. The downsides: - Heavy by BPL standards, although then again, we’re talking just a few ounces of excess over my Helly Hanson Mars or Mo...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 31, 6:31pm

Camp XLH95 Harness
After using this harness for two days of training on snow (but not a real glacier) and a few indoor practice sessions, I finally used it for real the last two days on Mt Baker. (We hiked up to the ba...

In Climbing Gear & Accessories
July 05, 1:15pm