BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 101 - 110 of 3613 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: gopro
Do the gopro's still have no screen to view the image? In the recent past you had to buy a separate piece to see what you are taking a picture of.

In GEAR » Go Pro
December 02, 10:01am

Re: Re: The whole world is my living room
You have a point about safety as it relates to building code. I won't be surprised when communities begin to get more restrictive in attempts to curb the tiny house movement. They could easily ...

In On the Web » The whole world is my living room
December 02, 9:57am

Re: Re: The whole world is my living room
You can buy composting toilets for the home.

In On the Web » The whole world is my living room
December 02, 9:04am

Re: Re: Disasters - backpackers vs. hikers vs. climbers
Stuart, where I can get one of the new cuben fiber handkerchiefs?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man ties legs together, crawls for help
December 02, 7:21am

Re: Pearls for backpacking in the rain
Others have good thoughts. It is typically said that if the rain is prolonged, you will get wet either from sweat or rain. It is best to be warm if wet. While hiking, you: 1. Minimize number...

In Philosophy & Technique » Pearls for backpacking in the rain
December 01, 4:38pm

Re: Go Pro
Some trip reports using video have been great. Didn't Eugenius do some video trip reports?

In GEAR » Go Pro
December 01, 4:23pm

Re: Biffy bag
Adult diapers.

In GEAR » Personal packable porta potty. (PPPP) Pack it out.
December 01, 4:21pm

Re: F.S. Closet Cleaning - Multiple Items in Excellent Condition
pm sent on ursack.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Closet Cleaning - Multiple Items in Excellent Condition
December 01, 12:03pm

Re: Reddington Wader
If you could go with a leg only wader, then Wiggy's has a pair weighing 10 oz at $60. www.wiggys.com

In Fishing » ultralight waders
December 01, 11:20am

Re: ultralight waders
http://www.redington.com/fly-fishing-waders/waders/mens/sonic-pro-ultra-packable-wader/

In Fishing » ultralight waders
December 01, 5:27am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm